Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   i hate this quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hate-quilt-t19534.html)

mimee4 04-29-2009 04:55 AM

Give it to her inside out. The back shows off the quilting so beautifully. Let her think the "mud" is the back :D

Rose Hall 04-29-2009 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
believe me, this is the most photogenic quilt i ever saw. the center pink is really so dusty as soon as you see it you want to scrub it. the wine color is really maroony/brown. the dark green is pine-tar green and the light green is dirty olive. the outside green is moldy sage. and last but definitely not least - - - the gold is not gold. it's really baby-sh*t mustard. like in a diaper. altogether muddy. she'll be so happy.

I almost spit my coffee onto the computer screen as I was reading your description--have you ever thought of being a stand up comedian??? LOL
Rose H.

mountain deb 04-29-2009 05:45 AM

what is one persons trash is another's treasure...

Quiltntime 04-29-2009 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
okay, i've been jabbering about hating this quilt. here's why: it's a first attempt at SO MANY points without sashing. it's my first feathers. it's my first stipples. the colors are so muddy they look like i chose them in a hole in the ground. i made it for my dsister's birthday and that's long gone. i chose the pattern for sentimental reasons, "sister's choice", and i never liked it.

after years of quilting and loving my own work, i hate this one. i do fine with other kinds of quilting designs, points, etc. but of course i chose my own colors. she likes dull colors, soooo.!

so here it is. have pity and don't be too harsh. i shouldn't have tried so many 'news' on the same project. live and sometimes learn.

Butterflywing, You're too hard on yourself. I see absolutely nothing wrong in your quilting or colors you've chosen. Your dsister will love it. :thumbup:

Feathers 04-29-2009 07:08 AM

Butterflywing: Thanks for starting my day with a giggle and a smile! Contrary to your descriptions and dislike of your quilt I, too, think it is lovely and like CHELE said, your first quilting project sure is a a tribute to your QUILT GENE pool. What a first attempt. You did a wonderful job and I'm sure your DS is going to love it. Thanks for sharing.

gcathie 04-29-2009 07:10 AM

Okay here is another saying...."beauty is in the eye of the beholder"......I know what yah mean....I've made my fair share of what the ..... quilt's.....but I do think they become the best loved ....just because you can....:-).....

Toni C 04-29-2009 07:16 AM

You make me crack up. I like bright, jewel, eyecatching fabrics myself. Its hard to tone down for someone else's taste and FINISH it. A BIG pat on the back for sticking to it even if you didn't like the colors. She will love it :)

adrianlee 04-29-2009 07:18 AM

Butterflywing, I think you did a great job. I don't see mud, I see creative expression.

RedGarnet222 04-29-2009 07:27 AM

Butterflywing,

I think by the time I finish a project I hate many things about it too. It is so many hours staring at it I have picked it apart with my eyes. I know what you mean ... really!

But, listen to all the wonderful comments on the board. You have a winner and should be proud of your gift you made for her. I should be so lucky as to have a sister that loved me enough to spend hours making something for me.

I love your work! It is very pretty!

butterflywing 04-29-2009 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by mimee4
Give it to her inside out. The back shows off the quilting so beautifully. Let her think the "mud" is the back :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: