Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   i hate this quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hate-quilt-t19534.html)

JoanneS 04-29-2009 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
believe me, this is the most photogenic quilt i ever saw. the center pink is really so dusty as soon as you see it you want to scrub it. the wine color is really maroony/brown. the dark green is pine-tar green and the light green is dirty olive. the outside green is moldy sage. and last but definitely not least - - - the gold is not gold. it's really baby-sh*t mustard. like in a diaper. altogether muddy. she'll be so happy.

You are too funny, butterflywing! I agree with everyone else - this is NOT a muddy quilt! and your quilting is NOT terrible. Stop whining - we like it!

hulahoop1 04-29-2009 08:49 PM

You did a fine job on this quilt. At least you finished it even tho you hated it. That's more than I can say. I have a Hawaiian applique wall hanging that is 3/4's finished and I simply cannot bring myself to finish quilting it. Congratulations!

tigerlily11 04-29-2009 08:59 PM

Did it ever occur to you that you might--just might-- be just a little hard on yourself? I think it's great! Quilters do tend to be hyper self-critical when it comes to our own work and full of praise for others work. That's one reason I like this site. :)

Lainee 04-30-2009 05:27 AM

You truly are LOL funny! Another of your LOL comments was something about swinging a dead cat and hitting quilters with it...funny, funny!

I agree with you on the colors, but I really like the quilting that you've done on it!

nuttyhurricane 04-30-2009 09:00 AM

Sounds like you made one of those quilts that you learned new things on. Plus remember it isn't about you. It's about your love for your sister. She probably looks at it and says, "My sister loves me so much. She made this beautiful quilt for me." :-)

butterflywing 04-30-2009 10:33 AM

this is just an aside: not one of those fabrics is really a solid color. including the backing. how in the world do you take a picture showing small prints outside?

dvseals 04-30-2009 10:49 AM

My camera has a special setting for taking pics outside in bright sunlight,
but even so small prints and details still tend to get lost at times.
I still haven't figured out how to get the lil things to show up right tho.
I did take a few pics of a couple quilts I finished last week and did closeups
of the stitches and they turned out fine probly because it was cloudy that day. *shrugs go figure*

Maybe just try gettin a few closeups of the smaller prints.

QuiltyLisa 04-30-2009 11:35 AM

I really like the quilt. and Does this lovely quilt have a name beside muddy :)

butterflywing 04-30-2009 12:42 PM

it is a very old and tradional pattern, although not a very common one (i know why).

it's real name is "sister's choice".

in my house it's name is "sister can have it". :mrgreen:

pennyswings 04-30-2009 02:42 PM

Butterflywing:
I have to agree with everyone else. I like it! You did a great job and I love the quilting too.
Penny