Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   i hate this quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hate-quilt-t19534.html)

Toni C 04-30-2009 03:33 PM

ROFL Stop it I'm crying

pennyswings 04-30-2009 03:52 PM

Butterflywing:
You are too much girl. You have me laughing with each post.
Penny

omak 04-30-2009 04:03 PM

When I saw the last picture, I totally got it!
You didn't hate that quilt except for one small thing - - you knew more about it than anyone else would, ever, in the whole world!
I was very sympathetic with why you were not liking it as I looked at all of the close-ups, the colors were VERY bold, and VERY contrasted and ...
but that last picture is absolutely BREATHTAKING!
Yes! It is bright. Yes! There is a lot of quilting in there. Yes! For all of the work you have put into it, there is a simplicity in the pattern that almost makes you boring .... IF you are looking at it one small frame at a time.
But as the WHOLE, from a distance encompassing the WHOLE quilt ...
it is TERRIFIC! It does everything you said you wanted to do for your dear sister, and by golly! You completed something you set out to do, and that is VICTORY! Way to go, woman! :thumbup:

MaryStoaks 04-30-2009 05:18 PM

I love it! I haven't had the nerve to do any feathers yet. I think we use the same kind of machine (Lizzie). All I do is freemotion, side to side, both directions. When I get up some nerve to try something else I'll be asking you for tips! :wink:

MadQuilter 04-30-2009 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
here goes:

I HATE THIS QUILT!!!!

(now, why do i feel like your avatar is coming to get me? who is that masked man?)

That's DH aka Mr. Incredible, and if he were to come after you, it would be in the most supportive and quilty way. He woud tell you that you are being silly and that the quilt is pretty. All better now? lol

Skeat 04-30-2009 06:04 PM

I'm a mud girl too! I think it is great:)But, I do have a really back pocket uuuugly here...let's trade:)

quilt addict 05-01-2009 07:08 PM

I like the quilt too and agree we are all probably too hard on ourselfs, we are so close to the projects after days, months, years spent with them. Your sister will love it.

With your humor, what are you going to name the quilt? It is going to be a hoot! :wink:

Thanks for sharing, I have not tried anything that difficult yet.

Lisa

butterflywing 05-01-2009 07:17 PM

ooooh, i hadn't even thought to name it! now there's something to think about! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kd124 05-01-2009 07:42 PM

Butterflywing--you had me cracking up so bad, I finally had to quit drinking my coffee because it seemed whenever I took a big gulp, there would be one of your crazy posts. LOL :lol:
Anyway with all those first, I think you did great. I don't have the umph to freehand feathers. Your sis will love it more because it is her color choice and more importantly--you made it for her.

Bevanger 05-02-2009 07:45 AM

I LOVE IT. you did an awesome job kiddo :D