Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I love my mailman (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-love-my-mailman-t88159.html)

bdship 01-06-2011 01:15 PM

Too bad about your job, that happened to me too, cause I wasn't able to the work anymore, but things worked out for the best, got a much better job, worked for myself before I retired. Collect unemployment if you can, play with your new toy, sell some appliques on ebay, things will get better.

JulieM 01-06-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel
Ummm, I'm not sure they can fire you for not being released to go back to work can they?

Rachel, this is my thought exactly, but would you want to work for a company that treated you like that?

I would contact the labor board in my state.
JulieM

hperttula123 01-06-2011 01:59 PM

KEEP IT!!! You deserve it and it can keep you busy so you don't get depressed. See what you can make with your time off. :)

RkayD 01-06-2011 02:04 PM

that is so cool! Of course keep it! and use it in happiness & joy. =) Make lots of pretties and post lots of pictures so we can see. =)

Janetlmt 01-06-2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by fidgety
Ok so after the big hit yesterday of not being released by the doc to go back to work and then work deciding to fire me because of it.. Blah Blah Blah.......

Fed ex knocked on my door..... then the mail lady knocked on my door... Woooo Hooooo so much for being depressed...
A new toy that I ordered before I lost my job. :wink:
( Think I should send it back or keep it?)

Then my sis from Iowa sent me a care package. (Good timing mailing out that package sis!)
So now this evening I will set down and read over my instructions for my new toy and eat my Sterzings chips and dip... I will worry about being depressed tomorrow. lol..

That is a nice surprise to cheer you up! ON the other hand..it is illegal to fire you because you were not released to return to work.

MOMBASIL53 01-06-2011 02:23 PM

keep it,you can always cut out shapes and sell them here to make money until you find a new job...theres more than one way to make money.........maybe you will make so much you will be able to work from home and won't need to get another job. People hate to cut out small appliques...at least I do. It's worth a try.....right?

jojosnana 01-06-2011 02:34 PM

I wish I had some of those chips.....they look great......Don't be sad and if you did get fired for not being cleared to work, dial a lawyer........

Lillie 01-06-2011 02:42 PM

Sorry to hear about the companies lost. I think you need to check into this, because half of us would be without a job. Keep your cutter and be happy. Thanks to your sis she has my mouth watering. I have not had Sterzings chips and dip for some years now. I know that they brought joy to your eyes and tummy. Blessings sent your way.

Airwick156 01-06-2011 03:23 PM

I am sure they can't fire you for that reason, but they will make another excuse to fire you. So sad employers do that to people. Anyways I sure hope you feel better and I'd KEEP it. Have fun playing with your new toy. :)

klgreene 01-06-2011 04:00 PM

Keep it, especially if it is already paid for. Then just enjoy quilting. Avoid the depression. I was laid off two years ago now, and it turned out to be a blessing. So as mama always said "this to shall pass".