Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I love my mailman (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-love-my-mailman-t88159.html)

kateyb 01-06-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel
Ummm, I'm not sure they can fire you for not being released to go back to work can they?

I think you need to check with your state's employment laws. Firing you may not be legal.

bittersweet 01-06-2011 04:13 PM

Sorry about your job but I know what you are talking about. My husband got sick I put in for loa to take care of him was told my loa was ok then got a call from the co that I was let go because of not showing up for work. Then turned down for unemployment because they said I quit. Im appealing the decision. Have to admit Im much happier not working for a large retail co. Good luck you will be much happier sewing.

Luv Quilts and Cats 01-06-2011 04:16 PM

Sorry about the job! I hope you can find a new one as soon as you are better. If possible, keep the Go Baby. It will give you something to work on while home. Your sister is an angel to send you a care package. I don't know how big your fabric stash is, but now is a good time to use it, with your new toy!

mygirl66 01-06-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JulieM

Originally Posted by Rachel
Ummm, I'm not sure they can fire you for not being released to go back to work can they?

Rachel, this is my thought exactly, but would you want to work for a company that treated you like that?

I would contact the labor board in my state.
JulieM

This is true, they cant fire you because your DR. would not release you to go back! I have a Human Resource degree, Im telling you the truth. Call the HR department, explain what happened, Im sure they will take care of it for you!
And no, do not send it back! Keep it & have some fun!

daisey 01-06-2011 04:54 PM

Keep it! I was fired once and its really hard ti deal with! Go Hawks,,,I am from Iowa!

MommaDorian 01-06-2011 04:58 PM

Wow, how fun. I love the mailman/ups man/fed ex man. lol

Woohoo, Go Hawks!!! lol

Pat R 01-06-2011 05:30 PM

Good luck!

Mariposa 01-06-2011 05:39 PM

Keep the GO! Make some pretties, maybe sell them too.
Doesn't sound right that they can fire you~~

quiltinggirl 01-06-2011 05:41 PM

So glad to know that you are wearing a smile . . . even if it is just for today! :)

terri bb 01-06-2011 05:45 PM

i'm so new to this but wow!! that fabric cutter looks like it would be so much fun!!! i've done a bit of asst managering in the past, and i don't think in any state it is legal for your boss to fire you while under care of a doctor especially if it's work related. i'd check in to it, it may be worth fighting for! these days jobs are WAY too hard to come across :( be prepared to cross your T's and dot your I's tho if they have to let you back on, they'll be looking for a reason to get rid of you then for sure! but do check in to it and i'll pray all goes well for you!! hope the chips were great!!
terry