Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I love my mailman (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-love-my-mailman-t88159.html)

ladyshuffler 01-08-2011 10:05 AM

Hope things get better for you ..........keep thew go it will keep your mind busy!!

ristinadouise 01-08-2011 06:49 PM

Great haul!
I was fired from a job once for the same reason...Long story short, I contacted a local attorney who specializes in wrongful termination. 6 months later, I was awarded $25,000.00! You might check into an attorney, mine handled my case for a percentage (came out to $5,000.00), but it was well worth it.
Hope things improve for you.

fidgety 01-08-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ristinadouise
Great haul!
I was fired from a job once for the same reason...Long story short, I contacted a local attorney who specializes in wrongful termination. 6 months later, I was awarded $25,000.00! You might check into an attorney, mine handled my case for a percentage (came out to $5,000.00), but it was well worth it.
Hope things improve for you.

Wow I am definetly calling a laywer to check in on this..

quiltedlamb07 01-08-2011 08:39 PM

Sorry, that happened to you, remember, when one door closes, God can open a better one.. have fun with your new toy and feel better..

Damsel in DisDress 01-08-2011 08:44 PM

Have Faith! God Bless YOU! Enjoy your Gifts!

okie quilter 01-08-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by fidgety
Ok so after the big hit yesterday of not being released by the doc to go back to work and then work deciding to fire me because of it.. Blah Blah Blah.......

Fed ex knocked on my door..... then the mail lady knocked on my door... Woooo Hooooo so much for being depressed...
A new toy that I ordered before I lost my job. :wink:
( Think I should send it back or keep it?)

Then my sis from Iowa sent me a care package. (Good timing mailing out that package sis!)
So now this evening I will set down and read over my instructions for my new toy and eat my Sterzings chips and dip... I will worry about being depressed tomorrow. lol..

sorry about the being sick then losing your job situation. i highly recommend keeping your new go baby. i just got one and am lusting for all the dies. i love it and am cutting a stash from the leaves die in batiks of greens, oranges and yellows/browns. will add to ufo's. wished i had a buddy who lived closer so we could share dies. let me know about your first project with your new baby. your friend, johnnye

Rann 01-08-2011 11:57 PM

You can be fired if your 12 weeks Family Leave is up and you are not back at work. This law is federal. I guess some state laws could supersede this.

Wine Woman 01-09-2011 04:41 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of employment,
Federal law is for job protection if you have been employed with the company for one year and have worked 1250 hours. If you have a serious health condition or an event that qualifies you for FMLA you would have been granted a Family Medical Leave for your event. However, it sounds like you had worked for 4 months for the company then it resorts to State law. In OR OFLA applies for those who have been employed for 90 days or more with the company and have averaged 25 hours of work in a week. Once again it has to be a medical condition that qualifies you or the event of taking care of selected family members, death, etc. under the law and if it you qualify it can not be a hardship to the company. There is a lot of details but I would definitely seek legal advice if you are not comfortable with the HR departments decision and you have checked the policies printed in your employee handbook.

In the meantime . . . enjoy your time off and treat yourself to some quality time of quilting and your new gift!! There is nothing more relaxing and self healing than doing something you enjoy. When working full time it's so hard to just use the time as you want to. We can only use the time we have and sometimes it isn't very much!!

JoanneS 01-09-2011 08:20 PM

You should be able to collect unemployment and/or disability from the state while you look for another job. Meanwhile, enjoy that GO. I LOVE mine.

Wine Woman 01-10-2011 06:08 AM

I need to know more about these machines. I just read another quilter on the board made mention to her GO machine and how it cut her pieces for her rag quilt really fast. Is this the machine you need different die's for? I'm off to do some research!