Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I Loved Making This Quilt! No Squaring Up Was Needed!! see post #1 for tut and links (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-loved-making-quilt-no-squaring-up-needed-see-post-1-tut-links-t175057.html)

burchquilts 03-15-2012 07:49 PM

Oh, I just LOVE this quilt! I love scrappies anyway but this one is really fabulous! I've got to check out your tutorial. PLEASE post again when you get pictures of this beauty finished, OK?

n2scraplvr 03-15-2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5063916)
Oh, I just LOVE this quilt! I love scrappies anyway but this one is really fabulous! I've got to check out your tutorial. PLEASE post again when you get pictures of this beauty finished, OK?

Thank you, burchquilts! Love your avatar too! This little quilt was shipped to Germany and a LA on site was going to finish it for the WWP (wounded warriors project), it went to a wounded soldier and know that it will cheer all those in the hospital who see it. Failed to get a pic of the final border on it and the back, but I'll post pics of the next one I do if I ever get around to doing it. I just love this quilt! Especially the pattern is so easy and it looks fabulous no matter what colors you use! Can't wait to see yours! Please PM me when you post pics! Thanks again! n2:o

BETTY62 03-15-2012 08:00 PM

I love it. The pattern is awesome.

Faith Taylor 03-15-2012 08:11 PM

I've been in your area several times and REALLY LOVE THOSE MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!! You are SO LUCKY (BLESSED) that you get to live there! Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt! I love it!

QM 03-15-2012 08:25 PM

I agree, it is very nice to look at.

n2scraplvr 03-15-2012 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Faith Taylor (Post 5063956)
I've been in your area several times and REALLY LOVE THOSE MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!! You are SO LUCKY (BLESSED) that you get to live there! Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt! I love it!

Thank you so much, Faith! I love the mountains here too ~ those Blue Ridge are the most beautiful in the world and they say there are no other blue mountains anywhere! Yes, I sure am blessed to be living here in peace and quiet with cornfields surrounding me, I love it! Our closest neighbors have 3 horses and I love that too! Well, welcome to the QB, Miss Faith, from VA!!! You will love it here and you'll have to try my pattern out! :thumbup:

dweeks 03-16-2012 04:36 AM

I think the block is called Aunt Sukey’s Choice, made with a 4 Patch, Flying Geese, Cornerstones and Sashing Strips. This block was the Mystery Quilt for the most recent class that I took. Your quilt is oh so colorful. The scrappy colors are bright and cheery. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

raedar63 03-16-2012 05:10 AM

I sure do not know how I missed this before. I LOVE anything made with scraps! and will be making this one for sure. (If I can find it again that is lol)

CarrieC 03-16-2012 05:13 AM

What a pretty quilt! I love it! It looks comfortable and wrappable (Is that a word?) very... inviting!

mtkoldra 03-16-2012 07:29 AM

love you quilt, love scrappy quilts

I have seen this pattern, done all in pinks and wish I book marked it to have its name.......

but your instructions are easy too follow