Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I need some advice please...pink heart baby quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-need-some-advice-please-pink-heart-baby-quilt-t146500.html)

lfstamper 08-21-2011 04:24 PM

I love the baby pink. What about a chennille Heart in the middle with white sashing.

patimint 08-21-2011 04:51 PM

Just my oppion, but I would do the sashing in white, I like the thought of blanket stitch in bright pink around each heart. I would use a small strip of your brightest pink as a small innder border and then a border of pink. (either one print of the pink or striped strips made of all the pink in the hearts). I would save the zebra for the back, if you use it at all. It is so sweet and "girly" I won't add any zebra to the front of the quilt.

Grandma Peg 08-21-2011 06:05 PM

Very cute.

dphelps 08-21-2011 06:30 PM

I honestly think that the hearts are beautiful and will be great for your vision and the idea of a satin binding is great.Now as far as the pink and zebra goes: make another quilt using darker shades of pink and incorporate the zebra. Maybe a heart of pink and zebra for the center.Just my opinion...for what it is worth.

desertrose 08-21-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by dd
If you want to keep it delicate and sweet, how about satin for the sashing. It doesn't hold up as well but if that's what you want. Maybe some soft lace sewn in the edges. Maybe the center square should be embroidered with her name or something like that.

I like the look your suggesting too. To stay sweet & delicate I would just stay with lace and if not satin sashing perhaps just a slightly darker pink than you have with the lace on the sashing and binding. The zeeba stands strong enough on it's own and the delicate pinks is what it needs to keep it feminine.

BarbaraSue 08-21-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I like the bottom picture with the center not being a heart. Why not incorporate a zebra print heart in the center?

I like this idea also. the Zebra in the middle would help incorporate it into the quilt, but not be overpowering. heart in the center would continue the theme.:)

needles47 08-21-2011 07:24 PM

I have a thought for you. If you want to use sashing and stay with the pinks, in the second pic you have a fabric with small roses I believe they are . That would give you the uplift i think you are looking for to brighten your quilt. By the way i love the idea of the hearts for a baby quilt. Joanne

4EVERquilt 08-21-2011 07:36 PM

that's lookin so pretty.

galvestonangel 08-21-2011 08:19 PM

There is pink and white zebra fabric that would keep it soft. It even comes in Minkee which might be nice for the backing. I love what you have done so far, I like the soft look for a baby girl.

Quilter Lois 08-21-2011 08:25 PM

Why not put a flange around each of a solid color that will enhance the colors in the blocks. Like a lavender or a pale green. A flange in a 1/4 inch of folded fabric placed like you would cording only it is flat. It is folded toward the inside of the quilt. You would then have to add a small sashing to really make it stand out.