Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm upset...he didn't like it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-upset-he-didnt-like-t50404.html)

woody 06-19-2010 04:15 PM

I'm sooo sorry that he didn't like it. I think it's gorgeous and you have done a fantastic job. You should be very proud of all your hard work and all the "firsts" you have achieved with this quilt. I hope that you will continue quilting as you seem to have a real talent for it.

Maride 06-19-2010 04:16 PM

I know the feeling. A quilt I made my MIL is used to control the air drafts over the AC. I just took it back, and nothing else was said about it. Some people just don't appreciate manual work. It hurts more that it was your father, and nothing is going to make you feel better right now, but you put it aside later and go on. Don't let this change how much you enjoy quilting. You like it and that is all that matters. I think your quilt is just beautiful. You should see some of my early work...maybe not.

Ok Darla 06-19-2010 04:16 PM

I feel for you. All that work. I made a quilt for my monster in law, she looked at it and told me to take it home. I made a double wedding ring for my brothers wedding. A year later I was visiting them and the Mrs was using it as a dog blanket. Don't let it bother you. The quilt is wonderful.

patricej 06-19-2010 04:17 PM

i'd be shocked, too.

go back and get it. give it to somebody who will appreciate it.

even fathers make mistakes. this one was a doozy.

Boston1954 06-19-2010 04:18 PM

Go back and get it and keep it for yourself. My parents raised me to say a gracious thank you for anything and not hurt people.

SulaBug 06-19-2010 04:18 PM

What a shame he had to treat your wonderful gift like that!! :(
I know it hurts a lot, but we must remember that not everyone can graciously accept gifts!! I am so sorry, for your hurting heart!! Try to think positive thoughts & get through the weekend. We are all thinking of you!!
:D :D :D :D

QuiltingGrannie 06-19-2010 04:19 PM

So sorry he hurt your feelings.
{{{{hugs}}}}
Many of us have been through that. I made a wall hanging/table runner for my DD and SIL for Christmas and knew the minute they opened it and just had a look of wonder that they didn't really like it. They took it home and it still sits, folded, on an end table under a bunch of other 'stuff'.

I think you did an awesome job! It's beautiful!

Don't let it hinder your future quilt making! You do good work!

beckyw 06-19-2010 04:19 PM

Sorry you got hurt by your dad. My husband is the same way . If he doesn't like s gift he will tell the kids he doesn't like it. He will tell me or anybody else also. Hard to live with.

MaryStoaks 06-19-2010 04:19 PM

How old is your father? Has he seen a doctor lately? Maybe he's not well?

taiboo 06-19-2010 04:20 PM

My husband felt REALLY bad about it and loved it and today asked me if tomorrow he could go to my local LQS and buy me the accu-go that i have been waiting for July to get in order to receive my bday discount my lqs offers...LOL...I had to fess up that i already bought it online for almost $100 cheaper LOL and it will be here on Tues. OPPPS