Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm upset...he didn't like it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-upset-he-didnt-like-t50404.html)

taiboo 06-19-2010 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the first time i have EVER finished a quilt (well this is a wall-hanger), but still, This is the first time i EVER machine quilted and the first time EVER i did binding...I made this for my father for Father's day and gave it to him today. I wanted him to be the first person to ever receive one from me

He flat out told me he didn't really like it, it didn't look patriotic enough for him and actually asked why i would make him something like that...He hurt my feelings sooo bad. I didn't bring it home, i left it at his house...but i know he will never hang it. The VERY first thing ever i made and gave as a gift and it was rejected (by my father no less).

I understand that not everyone has the same taste - but really???? I'm just shocked.

Thanks for listening :-(

DebraK 06-19-2010 04:09 PM

hurts when that happens ;-( {{hugs}}

I think it is lovely.

STEMSAM 06-19-2010 04:10 PM

Love the gift. Just beautiful.

taiboo 06-19-2010 04:11 PM

I know it's not perfect, but I MADE it for him....I didn't even get a thank you :-( he just folded it and put it aside.

SaraSewing 06-19-2010 04:12 PM

I am thrilled to get anything from my kids, especially handmade with this much work. I think it's lovely and you can rest asured that although likes are different, you did a good job, and were very thoughtful.

saf45 06-19-2010 04:13 PM

so sorry for your hurt,your quilt is beautiful.lots of hugs

sharon b 06-19-2010 04:13 PM

I am speechless for more than one reason :shock:

Looks great to me :thumbup: So sorry he hurt your feelings like that {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

taiboo 06-19-2010 04:14 PM

I appreciate everyone's comments...I'm just venting...It really just struck a nerve today :-(

Rhonda 06-19-2010 04:14 PM

Sooo sorry. I understand completely. My mom is like that. I made her a small embroidered flower years ago and she took it and stored it away without any comments other than to say you should have done this and you should have done that to make it better.

Yes it hurts and I hurt for you! But remember he does love you just probably not good at showing it.

BTW I think it is lovely and very patriotic!!

pittsburgpam 06-19-2010 04:15 PM

I personally think it IS patriotic and it's beautiful! I don't know how it could be any more patriotic, really. I know how much it hurts to have a gift rejected, whether you made it or not.

Is he usually like this? If he is, there are some people who are tackless and unfeeling. Honey, now you know not to make something for him again and it's too bad that it's your father.

Chalk it up to experience and know that there are hundreds of us right here on this board who would be grateful and proudly display your work in our homes. {{{hugs}}}