Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm upset...he didn't like it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-upset-he-didnt-like-t50404.html)

Sandygirl 11-22-2012 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by TeresaS (Post 5672878)
The quilt is wonderful and its his loss. sorry about your hurt. My mother is very gifted at doing the same thing, it hurts alot. With this being your first and the time spent on it. I am sorry.

Parental bullying

A1penny 11-22-2012 04:47 AM

Sorry to say, but your father is outragious! What a terrible thing to say to anyone, especially your own daughter! I LOVE your quilt, I think it is terrific, and very patriotic......the man is out of his mind!
Hugs to you!

dove 11-22-2012 05:20 AM

i'm very sorry to hear that...his words and actions were very hurtful and he does not deserve your wallhanging....it looks great...

ljwinemiller 11-22-2012 05:58 AM

Your father needs some lessons in LOVE! Even if my dad didn't like it he would say he did cause he loves me for thinking of doing this for him, you should just explain that this is your first and you thought of giving he a "first" and just how much you are hurt by it. Even if it doesn't faze him you will get it off your chest and feel better! I would if I were you!

klbell1022 11-22-2012 06:00 AM

Many people just don't understand the "art" of quilting. Be proud, it's beautiful!!

twoxover 11-22-2012 06:04 AM

i love it. and i'm being serious...i would be very proud to hang that in my home. i think you did a beautiful job on it...from the piecing to the quilting to the binding. I don't know how much more patriotic you could be. sometimes our family members are very good at dissapointing us. I am very lucky--ALL of my family loves what i do. as my husband says about my sister "you could cross stich a big black X on burlap and she would think it gorgeous".

if you need a home...i would proudly display it for you!

betsey

acjacques 11-22-2012 06:14 AM

I feel your pain. Someday, ask your father if he could give it back to you and then go ahead and donate it to a charity in his name. That way, someone else will have it and truly appreciate what you have done.

lillybeck 11-22-2012 08:24 AM

This quilt is lovely. Sometimes people especially family thinks they can say whatever they want to and give no consideration to others. I am sorry you were hurt.

PinkLotus 11-22-2012 08:32 AM

It's beautiful and very patriotic. I would proudly display it in my house, and your quilting and binding is very well done, not to mention the beautiful piecing you done! Big Hugs!

Baloonatic 11-22-2012 09:04 AM

HUGE hug for you!! {{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}
The quilt is lovely, it has plenty of patriotic feeling without going over the top.
I've seen too many that have every fabric used a RW&B and the quilt becomes
too busy with no place for the eye to rest. Still pretty, but to my eyes it's too much.

I'm so very sorry your dad acted the way he did. Please realize that his actions have nothing--
NOT A THING--- to do with you or your lovely sweet gift to him.
Your dad may be having sad or angry feelings about something that you aren't aware of. And possibly he
couldn't even articulate the problem.
Try to forgive his actions, he's only a man.