Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Jewel Box Top Awaiting Borders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/jewel-box-top-awaiting-borders-t23648.html)

Iluv2quilt 08-08-2009 05:49 AM

Thank you everyone for your help on this! I put an updated pic of the borders on page 3. What do you think? I think it would look better with the applique vine on the side, but I'm new to applique and wouldn't want to mess it up.

sewjoyce 08-08-2009 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
Thank you everyone for your help on this! I put an updated pic of the borders on page 3. What do you think? I think it would look better with the applique vine on the side, but I'm new to applique and wouldn't want to mess it up.

The applique vines would look great. You can pin them on before you sew to see if you like it or not but... you CAN do it and you WON'T mess it up!!!! :wink:

elsie_old 08-08-2009 06:55 AM

love all the colors

BellaBoo 08-08-2009 07:52 AM

Jewel Box is one of my favorite patterns. Your quilt is beautiful!

Feathers 08-08-2009 08:05 AM

pretty, pretty.

dizzy 08-08-2009 08:44 AM

I just love your colors in this quilt.I have some brights already cut out.That i havent decided how to put them to gether yet. but you have gave me a realy goo idaa. All i have to do is find me a black to go with it.i did have a piece that looked like a piece of black granit.an i've used most of it up so i'll have to see if i can find some more.some what like it.because i know i can't get anymore of it.but as i said you quiltis beautyful an anybody would be happy to put it on there bed

jdavis 08-11-2009 04:50 AM

Sorry - I posted before I read all five pages and realized that you were done. It looks really nice.
I also posted "after the fact", and I apologize!
Your corners look way better than I imagined. Looking forward to seeing what else you end up with throughout the black borders.

Iluv2quilt 08-11-2009 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by suzic46

The applique vines would look great. You can pin them on before you sew to see if you like it or not but... you CAN do it and you WON'T mess it up!!!! :wink:

I think I'd like to try the applique vines and maybe add flowers of different jewel colors. Do you think it would be too difficult to do this since the borders are already on the quilt?

jdavis 08-11-2009 05:03 AM

You didn't ask me directly, but...
Having the borders already on might prove to be helpful! More to hold onto.
But then, I'm not an applique expert.
Glad someone suggested pinning first, to see how you like it.

Iluv2quilt 08-11-2009 05:24 AM

I'm just learning to applique. Thank you for reminding me to pin first!