Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Just wanted a quick sewing fix after six weeks of no sewing..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/just-wanted-quick-sewing-fix-after-six-weeks-no-sewing-t19941.html)

Izy 05-13-2009 01:25 PM

Oh me neither, as soon as I have poured it into the jars, out comes a slice of bread and I 'clean' the bowl out...it's called quality control, isn't it?? :lol:

JoanneS 05-13-2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Oh me neither, as soon as I have poured it into the jars, out comes a slice of bread and I 'clean' the bowl out...it's called quality control, isn't it?? :lol:

And then I hide it from everyone else! Guilty pleasures - - -

Izy 05-13-2009 01:30 PM

The only thing with this recipe is you don't yield much...but it is so easy to make it's never a problem to just get squeezing, we have so many lemons in this area folks (Elle for one) give them away, so this is a perfect way to use them up :D :D :D

JoanneS 05-13-2009 01:35 PM

sigh---now I'm really jealous--I've loved Spain each time I've been there. We used to have lemon, grapefruit and orange trees in Arizona - and a Meyer lemon when I grew up in California. Meyer lemons are the queen of lemons - you can eat them like oranges, and they made the BEST lemon meringe pies. The trees in AZ died when we didn't spend the whole year there. It is a desert, after all. When we're there, our neighbors and my quilting friends share their tangerines, grapefruit and lemons, so maybe I'll make lemon curd, and they'll share more!

Izy 05-13-2009 01:43 PM

We have all the citrus fruits, billions of olives, avocados, peaches, and many other 'different' fruits too!! :D

sandpat 05-13-2009 05:05 PM

Izy...love it what you've done! I think the piano keys are perfect...now are you gonna try doing the free motion feathers on there or just what???

I didn't get any sewing done today...although I did make Amish Friendship bread, visit a friend who needed someone to listen for a while,tilled the garden, replanted the corn and orkra so the armadillo can dig it up again, made dinner and now I'm pooped. I HAVE to sew tomorrow.

You did good girl!!

Mousie 05-13-2009 06:51 PM

well, I start reading a thread, and it ain't long, before my tongue thinks it's gonna fall out, if'n I don't talk...course, lol, my tongue ain't on my fingers...ok, so I ain't makin much sense so far...it's cause I would read a page, and it was so good, and then there would be a next, and read just got better and better.
Izy, you did wonders with your little scrappy 'fix'. I am so impressed, what just the right border will do for something. That is awesome.
(just a little fyi, I refer to everybody 'here', as board-ers, lol...well, i think it's cute :wink: )
anywhoo, your little thread, with one quilt, became two, then got lots of opinions, then recipes, and we learned cultural differences, language habits, how to train men...wish mine would iron. I don't mind ironing my fabrics, but think of all the time it would save me.
woo hoo, got to make some lemon curd. I can just taste it,...mouth watering. Y'all have the best food over there.
Elle, we're not gonna be surprised by anything you do, right now, you got 'wed head', lol. So, think everybody would agree, you got a free ticket.
Me? I'm the queen of hijacking, and I don't do it on purpose...I just can't help it,...ummm, think I'm doing it, right now, hmmm, see what I mean?
It's one of my lovable quirks. :wink:
P.S. Patti, forgot to tell you, how considerate you are, to till the garden for the armadillo, lol! your too kind. :D

sandpat 05-13-2009 06:55 PM

Qnc...what choo talkin' bout....tellin' Elle she gets a free ticket when its her turn to work on MY RR??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: For SHAME....you should know better than that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: She must maintain her normal very high quality and creativity standard! :wink:

Mousie 05-13-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Qnc...what choo talkin' bout....tellin' Elle she gets a free ticket when its her turn to work on MY RR??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: For SHAME....you should know better than that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: She must maintain her normal very high quality and creativity standard! :wink:

Now patti, Elle can quit smoochin on Colin long enough to do your border on your rr,...i think, lol...maybe she can't,...but the free ticket is for hijackin...you know, like jaywalkin. She can't be expected to get everything right, while she's twitterpated! :lol:

Izy 05-14-2009 12:14 AM

Sandpat...sounds like you had a good day, even if you didn't manage to get a little sewing done, now as far as free motion wonky hearty feathers like Barb did on her HD quilt....hmmmmnnnnn can I be brave enough just to go for it or leave that to the scrappy crazy logcabin seeing as thats all wonky to start with.... I have a few ideas for the big block for the quilting, but I ain't telling yet!!

Elle is so excited about working on your RR Patti, I am looking forward to seeing it in person next week at Class, I MIGHT even hijack it and do a few stitches with her, so a little bit of me is in there too!!

Armadillo's how fascinating, get a picture for me next time if you can...sorry bout all the damage, but I love to see wild life.

QnC you gotta be the most 'quirkiest boarder' we got, but I LOVE to read your take on life, you have such a comical way of putting it...you make me LAUGH so you keep on barging in, wouldn't be the same without you :wink:

You let me know how you how your lemon curd turns out....(oops nearly mixed up my 'c' for a 't'................ :roll: :wink: :lol: