Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Just wanted a quick sewing fix after six weeks of no sewing..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/just-wanted-quick-sewing-fix-after-six-weeks-no-sewing-t19941.html)

Izy 05-14-2009 08:30 AM

Tooooo late but thanks for worrying about me Sharon, I am actually enjoying it, its a make up as I go along as usual.......... :wink:

Butterflyspain 05-14-2009 09:21 AM

Well I donīt know, went of to Gibraltar to finish the paperwork for the big day, and ya all are talking about me being a twitterhead and smoochin.lol

Looking forwrd to the WIP Izy and I have to say I am pooped its a long ways to Gibraltar, but will go and pet Pattiīs IRR, but think I will have to wait till tomorrow to cut anything else it might be wonky and I want to "keep up my high standard" she says with grin on face.

Think personally Colin is being the twitterhead as he fell of the ladder yesterday and crashed through the window, so off to bathe his poorly arm, AWWWWE lol

Elle

JoanneS 05-14-2009 10:02 AM

Okay - either Izy or Elle asked if I have a recipe for Lemon Chutney. I just spent a buttload of time trying to figure out who and couldn't! So here's the deal: I dug out my Julie Sahni cookbooks (she's the Julia Childs of Indian cooking) and found recipes - too long to post here. So - I'll put them in the recipe place of our forum. Don't rush there right now - it's going to take me a while - there are 2 recipes for sweet lemon pickle and 1 for hot lemon pickle - and I promised myself I would SEW today!

Izy 05-14-2009 10:21 AM

Oh Joanne, thank you 'sew' much, it wasn't me, but one of our ladies made a lemon chutney last year and gave me a jar, I LOVED it!! It had quite alot of mustard seeds in it, yummy!! :D

JoanneS 05-14-2009 10:59 AM

Izy - was it sweet or hot?

Butterflyspain 05-14-2009 11:48 AM

Oooh that sounds delicious, I will wait patiently. Love hot pickles as I like indian cookery as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to find the recipe for me/us, I will def be making some of those, got my jars ready for the next batch.

Elle

Izy 05-14-2009 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Well it was 'tangy' from the lemons, but I guess overall it was sweet lol!! although when you bit down on a mustard seed you knew about it lol!!

Feathers 05-14-2009 04:21 PM

Wow, both are wonderful! Good job.

JoanneS 05-14-2009 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Well it was 'tangy' from the lemons, but I guess overall it was sweet lol!! although when you bit down on a mustard seed you knew about it lol!!

I just posted 3 lemon pickle recipes under 'Recipes' - 2 of them look long, but sound very easy. I may even try them myself. Thanks for asking for them. I hope 1 of them turns out to be the 'taste' you're looking for!

Izy 05-14-2009 05:04 PM

thanks Joanne, will go check them out now :thumbup: