Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Just wanted a quick sewing fix after six weeks of no sewing..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/just-wanted-quick-sewing-fix-after-six-weeks-no-sewing-t19941.html)

Ninnie 05-11-2009 04:28 PM

I see 2 beautiful quilts! Too prety just for a back! :D :D

Ninnie

Jim's Gem 05-11-2009 04:34 PM

Two quilts are what I would do. I think I agree with you on those larger pieces on the outside, I would personally try to mix it up more or cut them smaller or something. But, it would look great left as is too!!!
Great job!!!

Izy 05-11-2009 10:27 PM

Just mulling over the endless possibilities Quiltcrazy!! :D

My original plans was to add applique on the big blocks, BUT it WAS supposed to be a quick fix.....(in answer to Sandpat...yep I was expecting too much as usual :roll: ) lol!!

I might Just cut the big border edges off like Jimsgem suggested and reuse them to make a more scrappy border...or am I just complicating things as usual, I might just get it layered up and get cracking on the quilting, and call in DONE :wink: :lol: :D

Well afterall....I have hundreds of ideas for new projects and I must get started on my sons wedding quilt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!! :D

Barb M 05-12-2009 12:47 AM

I have the answer for you lol :) Love your quilts, that's quilts with an S lol, so yup, two quilts it is. Know what i would do with the first quilt? Don't take the big border off. Instead, use your rotary cutter, and cut each of the lengths and widths of the border in half. Then re-sew the strips back on, just put them on opposite sides of the quilt that they came from, to mix the colours up a bit :)

k3n 05-12-2009 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
I have the answer for you lol :) Love your quilts, that's quilts with an S lol, so yup, two quilts it is. Know what i would do with the first quilt? Don't take the big border off. Instead, use your rotary cutter, and cut each of the lengths and widths of the border in half. Then re-sew the strips back on, just put them on opposite sides of the quilt that they came from, to mix the colours up a bit :)

I don't know what Izy thinks, Barb, but I think that's GENIUS! :D

K x

sandpat 05-12-2009 03:35 AM

Great idea Barb!!!

gcathie 05-12-2009 04:06 AM

Sounds like you've got a lot of grand ideas and knowing you ....you have something in mind .....:-).....they look realy great and a good use of fabric.....:-)......good luck figuring out what to do next.......:-)

Izy 05-12-2009 04:39 AM

Oh Barb...you are such a quick fixer, I love your ideas!! :D

I have been to the quilting class today and asked a few opinions there too, so now I have even more ideas to mull over tee hee!!

Think this is was I will do...

1. Chop the outside border down the middle
2. Add a small plain border (No idea what just yet, will have to see what I have got left.)
3. Chop up the remaining half border width ways and make a scrappy piano style border about 3" wide using up some of the scraps left over and the fabric for the binding I reserved.
4. Add binding to match thin border.

Now does that sound like a decent plan? :D

ambquilter 05-12-2009 06:14 AM

Did I overlook it? Where did you get the pattern for the second quilt?
Angie

k3n 05-12-2009 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Now does that sound like a decent plan? :D

Gets my vote! A little of Barb's mixed with your own ideas and a few pinches from here and there - purrfickkk! :D

K x