Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Just wanted a quick sewing fix after six weeks of no sewing..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/just-wanted-quick-sewing-fix-after-six-weeks-no-sewing-t19941.html)

ambquilter 05-12-2009 09:54 AM

Thanks for your help. I love how framing the blocks make them stand out. Also, the scrappy sashing is perfect.

Angie

Barb M 05-12-2009 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Oh Barb...you are such a quick fixer

Izy, you have pinned me to a T lol. I don't rip out any seams, too much work lol. Love your idea! Slicing the border down smaller, and adding a solid border, then your scraps, awesome! :)

sandpat 05-12-2009 03:38 PM

Izy...sounds like you are on a roll now! I like your plan and am waiting to see new pics.

I'm sure Elle has Colin trained perfectly...why else would she waste time marrying him if she didn't??? :lol: :lol:

Izy 05-12-2009 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Barb M

Originally Posted by Izy
Oh Barb...you are such a quick fixer

Izy, you have pinned me to a T lol. I don't rip out any seams, too much work lol. Love your idea! Slicing the border down smaller, and adding a solid border, then your scraps, awesome! :)

Barb, it's funny to hear the variations in 'sayings'... we tend to say 'You got me down to a T'!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I get what you mean :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got one of the lengths of piano keys done last night, and am itching to get the rest done today, so might have pictures later today Patti :wink:

Butterflyspain 05-12-2009 11:57 PM

I am sure you have a jet engine on that sewing machine of yours :D

To think you had never had a sewing machine until fairly recently, you are certainly ace on it now hun :D

E x

Izy 05-13-2009 12:19 AM

Have to admit, it must be in shock after laying dormant for six weeks or so......and the dust and fluff on it is terrible...just noticed last night :roll: Definitely neglected it, when I finish this top I will give it some TLC :lol:

quilter1962 05-13-2009 01:51 AM

Izy

Great to see you back here - I've not been around much lately so have just caught up with your thread. WOW - I love both of your tops/bottoms !!!
I think two separate quilts would be perfect & Barbs idea ofs slicing through the last border on the big block top is a brilliant idea.
Looking forward to seeing it completed. :wink:

Tisha

Izy 05-13-2009 01:55 AM

Thanks Tisha,

NOt been around much myself, but got back into sewing last week as you see, it won't be long (if I get my butt off this chair) til I finish the last border on the big block then will post another couple of pictures :D

sandpat 05-13-2009 03:43 AM

OK Izy.....my foot is atappin' and I'm waiting for those new pics!!! :lol: :lol:

Izy 05-13-2009 05:06 AM

Ooops Sos Patti...not even got in my sewing corner yet today...I decided to make some lemon curd...had a wander around the garden, did some laundry, and vacuumed up about 100 May flies off the ceilings...urrrgghhh they look like mosquitoes, so they gotta go find a new place to live...in my Hoover! :D

THEN I just had to come see what was going on here....so distracted again lol!!

Going to get some done right now!! :D