Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Look what i'm working on! :) :) Borders are on!! :) :) :) page 8 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/look-what-im-working-borders-page-8-a-t11743.html)

bearpaw 10-02-2008 04:02 AM

I think it's wonderful what you are doing. What a great idea to lift other hd patients spirits and raise money and awareness about the disease. Take care of yourself.!

Deb G 10-03-2008 08:32 AM

Barb,
I like #2 better and it is beautiful. I really like the colors you chose.
Don't stop now when you're on a roll.

Marcia 10-03-2008 09:44 AM

Barb, I think you have got to have the biggest heart and most generous spirit of anyone I have ever known. What a wonderful inspiration you are to everyone. You give hope and encouragement by your every action. I think the idea for your wallhanging and quilt is a kind and beautiful gesture. We are all blessed because you are on this earth.

joylavon 10-04-2008 01:49 AM

Beautiful !! Go Go Go you Go girl.

barnbum 10-04-2008 05:34 AM

Is it too late to vote? I love #2!!! Blooming out for all the world to see!

Barb M 10-04-2008 11:03 PM

Awe, thank you so much everyone, you are all so sweet! Renee, sorry i didn't say more, thanks for filling her in Bev :) Hd is Huntington's Disease, i began to get symptoms about 5 years ago, some memory problems and stuff. It's like a mix between alzheimers and parkinsons, thanks for asking :)

I had my neuro appt this week everyone, they couldnt believe how well i am doing. My symptoms are so much better than five years ago, and they said it is absolutely remarkable how well i am doing, and they think it's cus of the memantine i take, it stops brain cells from dying. So i thought i was doing real good, and then to go in there and have them say i was doing good too was just such a bonus, and we had such a nice day going into vancouver on the train for the appointment...my hubby has come along way and is much more understanding about me and hd than he was to start with, and so this is really really good :)

I think you guys are really convincing me it will be #2 lol...will have to get back to sewing now :)

lgeorge 10-06-2008 04:49 AM

Keep up the good work. This will absolutely be gorgeous. May God be with you. Keep in touch.

Barb M 10-07-2008 08:51 PM

Awe, thank you Lura :)

Barb M 10-11-2008 09:01 PM

Thanks to all your wonderful suggestions, i've finally made my decision. I finished the centre square with the floral last night, and i'm going to go with the diamond shape everyone liked, and the flowers pointed out, and, i'm not going to do the outside corners white, i've decided to add a red flower block to each of the corners too :) So tonight i am going to start making the four corner squares, and maybe tomorrow i will be able to get the border on it, so excited that i'm going to finish it, and i'm doing the border in the floral too :) :) :)

Izy 10-12-2008 12:42 AM

Barb, you are such a lovely person, to think of others when you are going through so much yourself is commendable, I think your ideas are wonderful and I am sure the clinic will be touched by your efforts to support other sufferers of this illness :D