Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Made this just because (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/made-just-because-t270154.html)

Leesewzany 09-19-2015 12:02 PM

Made this just because

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]531094[/ATTACH]I cannot. Stop. Quilting. Having no reason to make a quilt didn't deter me from making this one. I used the Abundance Pattern by Jeni Baker for Art Gallery Fabrics. They're site has so many great free patterns. Now I don't know what to do with it. I love it, and there aren't too many mistakes, maybe I should try selling it? What do you do with the quilts that you make for the sake of quilting?

marilynr 09-19-2015 12:04 PM

There are so many charities that need quilts of all kinds.
I enjoy making baby quits & donating them. Find your niche.

sewingitalltogether 09-19-2015 12:06 PM

Put them in every room in the house and start a decorative stack in the family room to show your progress. Plus give one to everyone in the family. Then you can start the winter vs summer quilts.
Very nice quilt. Lay it on the back of your couch.

ruthrings 09-19-2015 12:54 PM

Quilts of Valor, Prayers and Squares, Project Linus, Alzheimers' Association. . .many more wonderful charities. I just saw a group sending some to victims of wildfires. If you are a member of a local quilt guild, they'll most likely have a philanthropy committee or focus. I've made about 280 quilts in the last 3 years, and have kept only 5 of them in my family. It's what I love most about quilting, . . that it's creative, I get so much pleasure, and yet it's useful to others.

ManiacQuilter2 09-19-2015 01:24 PM

I give them to charities. There was a post here of a Northern CA group collecting quilts for the fire victims.

tatavw01 09-19-2015 01:34 PM

Love the color

Sharonquilts 09-19-2015 02:23 PM

Lovely quilt!

I primarily donate my quilts to a local assisted living center. However, as someone else noted, there are so many charities, etc. You could donate to your local Women's Shelter, Habitat, check with your local Fire Dept. to see if they know of anyone who just lost their home. Also as mentioned, the folks in CA. who have lost their homes to fire. Be careful, tough. You just might find a new "calling" to keep you quilting. Ha.

Trapunta 09-19-2015 03:34 PM

It's beautiful! No reason to stop quilting. You will find a place for it: charities, friends, wall hangings, there are lots of possibilities.

cjsews 09-19-2015 03:35 PM

I have made several that I just did not want to part with. Something or everything was just right. They usually hang on a quilt rack or find their way into the cedar chest. If someone wants to buy a quilt I have one ready and may be ready to part with it. This funds my hobby so I can make more. I do sew for charity but some I just cannot part with.

QM 09-19-2015 03:41 PM

Good job. Do what makes you happy. I normally donate to foster children, although my guild is currently working for victims of a local forest fire