Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Making a Indian Hatchet Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/making-indian-hatchet-quilt-t23514.html)

Elsie 07-31-2009 08:59 AM

ninnie love your work and i pick bottom left

jdavis 07-31-2009 09:01 AM

Rhonda,
Thanks for sharing!

k3n 07-31-2009 09:02 AM

wow Ninnie - you've been a busy bee! That is bee-auu-tii-fuull!! What a great way to use those mare stare fats! Just and idea for the border - could you do the blocks so the cream HSTs finish off the points in the Hatchet blocks? Would that work? :D

cutebuns 07-31-2009 09:46 AM

That is awesome Ninnie, To give the border a different look, I would first put on a plain border then do the HST in a straight line instead of a square and then another plain border, then if you have enough left another string of the HST and then another plain border.

Or I just had another thought, doing a zigzag pattern.

Ninnie 07-31-2009 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by billswife99
Ninnie that is sooo cool! I can't wait to see what you do with the borders. Do you have lots of those little mini's ready? I was wondering what the upper right one would look like if you put the white in the center. Can you show us more. Like 3 of each lined up? Am I making more work for you? :mrgreen:

Great idea, have a bunch sewn together, but have to find them. :oops: :oops: I placed them in a plastic bag , and they are lying here somewhere. I will post a picture later when they show up. Also tried the reverse , with the cream in the middle, and didn't really like it, but will put it in the picture
Thanks for the great ideas!!!

Ninnie 07-31-2009 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
wow Ninnie - you've been a busy bee! That is bee-auu-tii-fuull!! What a great way to use those mare stare fats! Just and idea for the border - could you do the blocks so the cream HSTs finish off the points in the Hatchet blocks? Would that work? :D

love that idea, K, and will lay it out that way and see. thanks for the input!!! :D :D

Ninnie 07-31-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by omak
Lots of color in that quilt!
I like the border on the upper left, also <g> or bunkhouse braid - - you know ... cowboys and Indians??? <g>

I love the sound of a bunkhouse braid, but don't know what it looks like, Do you have a picture? It sounds like it should go with an Indian Hatchet! I would love to see it!

MadQuilter 07-31-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Great job so far! I vote for the bottom-left border. Sort of a Seminole look to it. It should set all your hard work off beautifully.

Me too. The only one that does not work IMO is the pinwheel. I think the border should incorporate the diagonal line of the lattice. Either way - it is, and will be beautiful.

Bill'sBonBon 07-31-2009 10:07 AM

OOOOH!!MY!!! I am bookmarking this. Indian Hatchet, My DH has a lot of Cherakee and so do I. Our Family room is Indian Themed. That would be a great one for a quilt for him. Thank you for showing it.
BillsBonBon

Susy 07-31-2009 10:42 AM

no idea on the borders but the quilt is gorgeous!