Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Making of My Navy and White Quilt - Update on page 19 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/making-my-navy-white-quilt-update-page-19-a-t25353.html)

chickadee_42us 09-18-2009 06:41 AM

Yes, of course, I would like to see you laying it out; this one is going to be fun. The blocks are going to play with each other.

It's a great looking block -

Ducky 09-18-2009 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Ninnie -- that's just beautiful!! What size is the finished block? (Please tell me it's a lot bigger than 12") :D

Ditto!

Ninnie 09-18-2009 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh wow! I knew your were gonna go with the navy being the background... :lol: Finally, I was right about something!!! :lol: I love the block! Hurry......hurry....make more!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love that up until now, the white has been the prominent color, and , then when they start coming together you can see that it is a Navy quilt with white highlights. :shock: :shock: :D

I am sewing as fast as I can, but a little under the weather still. And I am as anxious as you are to see more! :D :D So, maybe by this evening , I can post again! :roll: :roll: Freakin Weather and internet, permitting! :D

butterflywing 09-18-2009 07:12 AM

i am so excited to see this coming together.

was this a mystery quilt? it's a surprise to me that it's it's a surprise to you.

Ninnie 09-18-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Ninnie -- that's just beautiful!! What size is the finished block? (Please tell me it's a lot bigger than 12") :D

Ditto!

Well, girls, it is bigger than 12 in.
It is a whole 15 in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And it takes 20 of these, with a lot of sashing,,
I have not made the sashing strips yet, they also take 9patches in them! :roll: But as soon as i can get 8 squares made, I will stop and make a sashing strip so I can put 2 rows together. :D :D

Ninnie 09-18-2009 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by chickadee_42us
Yes, of course, I would like to see you laying it out; this one is going to be fun. The blocks are going to play with each other.

It's a great looking block -

I will post the pictures of the steps, may take me a little while , but I will try to get them on here sometime today.
Glad you are enjoying it, and thank all of you who have posted and encouraged me to continue. It helps so much. :D :D

Iluv2quilt 09-18-2009 07:23 AM

I love that the Navy is the background color, really makes the pattern show up. I can't wait to see what the sashing is like with 9-patches. Hard to imagine. Great job Ninnie and I hope you feel better today. :D

butterflywing 09-18-2009 08:14 AM

so these are 1" squares, finished. how wide will the sashing be? i'm already thinking 4 blocks by 5. is that right? or are you keeping us in suspense?

amma 09-18-2009 10:49 AM

Ninnie!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! WOW what a great design!!!! :D :D :D
Can't wait to see it with the sashing strips added!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Ninnie 09-18-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
so these are 1" squares, finished. how wide will the sashing be? i'm already thinking 4 blocks by 5. is that right? or are you keeping us in suspense?

The setting will be 4 across and 5 down! :D
Plus the sashing of course and the borders.