Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   maybe I should change my user name to thrift shop junkie (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/maybe-i-should-change-my-user-name-thrift-shop-junkie-t45003.html)

cjomomma 05-08-2010 12:56 PM

I wonder if New Concord has any thrift shops dennise.

Gal 05-08-2010 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You asked to see my 'latest finds' got these from my local Op Shop the other day, a bag of polyfill for my pin cushions, 2.5m of good quality cotton twill (check), 3m and 2.5m of retro 70s cottons. At $2NZ a piece for the fabrics and 50cNZ for the polyfill these represent a fantastic bargain in my part of the world!

Gal

cjomomma 05-08-2010 01:33 PM

I love the flowers. Great finds.

cjomomma 05-08-2010 01:35 PM

I may have the 3rd one in my stash or something similar. Thank you for sharing with me.

mama's place 05-08-2010 02:25 PM

How Fun!! I've found some but usually it's something to use as a back not really great fabric. Don't think there are so many quilters here and nooo LQS.

Carrie, I believe you asked about gingham. Gingham is the checked fabric like green and white check or blue and white, etc. If you seriously wanted to know. B

cjomomma 05-08-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by mama's place
How Fun!! I've found some but usually it's something to use as a back not really great fabric. Don't think there are so many quilters here and nooo LQS.

Carrie, I believe you asked about gingham. Gingham is the checked fabric like green and white check or blue and white, etc. If you seriously wanted to know. B

Thank you, seriuosly I had no idea that's what it was called. I have a lot of that fabric. It is you all that are teaching me and I am very thankful for all of you.

lavandula girl 05-08-2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by lavandula girl
I think it's hysterical that you got all that gingham! I recently received a big stash as a bequest to Project Linus, and it had at least 25 yards of gingham in tons of colors. (who knew BROWN gingham existed!?). Somewhere, the Gingham Gods are rubbing their hands together and saying "I told you we'd come around again!" Hahaha!! Excellent haul.

Can you please explain to me which one is the gingham as I am not familiar with it.
Carrie

Carrie - in the original post, the second photo down, the top fabric is gingham. It's kind of a check... you have several colors of it in your stash now. :D

cjomomma 05-08-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

I think it's hysterical that you got all that gingham! I recently received a big stash as a bequest to Project Linus, and it had at least 25 yards of gingham in tons of colors. (who knew BROWN gingham existed!?). Somewhere, the Gingham Gods are rubbing their hands together and saying "I told you we'd come around again!" Hahaha!! Excellent haul.

Can you please explain to me which one is the gingham as I am not familiar with it.
Carrie

I didn't even notice the brown til I looked at the pic again. Thank you for the info. I'm still in the learning stage.
Carrie - in the original post, the second photo down, the top fabric is gingham. It's kind of a check... you have several colors of it in your stash now. :D

sewmuchmore 05-08-2010 03:53 PM

I see the you are receiving God's blessing!!!! And I hope that he will continues bless you. Love your fabrics.

cjomomma 05-08-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
I see the you are receiving God's blessing!!!! And I hope that he will continues bless you. Love your fabrics.

Thank you. I have truly been blessed.