Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Messest sewing room pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/messest-sewing-room-pictures-t80534.html)

GrannieAnnie 12-05-2010 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
Sorry, I'm not going to be the first to show a picture. :lol:

my computer is in my former sewing room which is now a storage room in shambles. I just picked up the camera to take a picture and I don't have the nerve. I know I could win, but you really don't need to see this!

snicker dee 12-05-2010 09:57 PM

I started sewing when I was 6 or 7 and quilting a kazillion yrs ago. Sometime ago I stopped ... cold turkey. Why? A lot of difficult issues, but with my cousin's encouragement I started up again this February. The room I was going to use was a disaster area from having too many guests stay way too long. So I cleaned it up real spiffy and plunged back in to the world of quilting.

I had very little fabric left bec I had given most of it away. But then I remembered a WIP that I knew was somewhere in the house. As I searched I found fabric stashes and lots of WIPs that I had stashed in the back of closets, under beds & top shelves of cupboards etc. NOW ... "my room" again looks like a disaster area, but it is a sewing-fabric disaster ... I love it, especially the way all the colors blend together .... I bet I could design a quilt from my quilt room mess !!!

GrannieAnnie 12-05-2010 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Ok if I post my pic what do I win????

Not a thing. I'm going to give in and take a pic and I'll win.

GrannieAnnie 12-05-2010 10:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've not included the stack of bins in the dining room or the stuff in the corner in the living room---------where I do my sewing.

This is stack in corner just outside sewing/storage room.
NE corner of storage room
then east wall of room.

Oh, drat, I forgot to rotate the hall corner

Does it count that I'm in a wheelchair and can stand for less than a minute at a time? Hubby doesn't have time to help---nor the patience. What I intend to do is hire someone to carry boxes and bins to the bedroom and living room some morning-----------then sort for days---------then hire them to carry stuff back.

GrannieAnnie 12-05-2010 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
I wonder if we could schedule any of the "Hoarder" people to come help us out

absoluely not. They don't value a 3 X 6 piece of fabric or a 2 in diameter ball of yarn that I love and will never find more of again.

GrannieAnnie 12-05-2010 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by barbsmith
I had to bring my husband in here to show him these sewing rooms so he would see that I am not the only one whose sewing room isn't always perfect. I also pointed out to him all of your fabric stashes. Thanks, I think I am going out to buy more.

I'm going to have to try that! LATER, MUCH LATER!

GrannieAnnie 12-05-2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by grammy17

Originally Posted by Zebra2
I'd gladly post a picture of mine if I could only find my camera . . . it's here somewhere!! LOL

I tried to take a picture and the batteries are dead in the camera. By the time they charge, I'll be in a mess again.

Sure your batteries are dead. And your camera is lost, too? tee hee

burnsk 12-05-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
Ok here it is-my messy room. :oops: I really am embarrassed about this room. But I can't seem to stop working on stuff long enough to clean it all up. I did manage to get 8 UFOs out of here thanks to the challenge(well some are finished but still in here :) I'll slowly keep plugging away at it and someday it'll be done.

You come help me and I'll come help you.

GrannieAnnie 12-05-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by New Quilter
(Laughing)...so I am NOT the only one after all...why does it seem fairly easy to keep the rest of the house neat(not perfect, mind you, but at least neat), and my sewing spot is ALWAYS a mess??? But I have a sign on a shelf in there that answers my own question: "Creative minds are rarely tidy." After seeing so many of the fantastic creations shown here by all of you truly gifted artists, it's no wonder if you sometimes have messy spaces...continue to enjoy your creating and forget about the messes...Hope all of you have a healthy, happy, and CREATIVE holidays...Naomi

I know why mine is a mess. I'll open a bin, pull out what I want, get in a hurry to take fabric to sewing table and then not put stuff back in the bin and back in the shelf. And then throw in a bag of yarn from my sis in law, 7 empty boxes in case i need them, and another 40 magazines I bought at a rummage sale.

pdcakm 12-05-2010 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
I wonder if we could schedule any of the "Hoarder" people to come help us out

absoluely not. They don't value a 3 X 6 piece of fabric or a 2 in diameter ball of yarn that I love and will never find more of again.

i am with you grannie annie. not only do they not understand that but they also don't get the fact that after they leave it will happen again. well, most of the time.

i used to move a lot and really liked the fact that it made me straighten up the mess. then after i settled and started "living" again it went right back to it.

all those who say messy is creative are right on. :roll: :lol: :oops: