Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Messest sewing room pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/messest-sewing-room-pictures-t80534.html)

huntannette 12-05-2010 05:05 PM

OMG ladies......you`ve made my day...i will show my hubby this post so he can see that i`m not the only one!!! lol

New Quilter 12-05-2010 06:37 PM

(Laughing)...so I am NOT the only one after all...why does it seem fairly easy to keep the rest of the house neat(not perfect, mind you, but at least neat), and my sewing spot is ALWAYS a mess??? But I have a sign on a shelf in there that answers my own question: "Creative minds are rarely tidy." After seeing so many of the fantastic creations shown here by all of you truly gifted artists, it's no wonder if you sometimes have messy spaces...continue to enjoy your creating and forget about the messes...Hope all of you have a healthy, happy, and CREATIVE holidays...Naomi

sewmom 12-05-2010 06:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok here it is-my messy room. :oops: I really am embarrassed about this room. But I can't seem to stop working on stuff long enough to clean it all up. I did manage to get 8 UFOs out of here thanks to the challenge(well some are finished but still in here :) I'll slowly keep plugging away at it and someday it'll be done.

galvestonangel 12-05-2010 07:43 PM

Mine is a WIP but I have not gotten very far. My alter ego keeps bringing more fabric in and I can't keep up.

Of course, I would post a picture but I don't know how.

SewExtremeSeams 12-05-2010 07:43 PM

I don't know... I just sorta want to "bow" to all of you and say, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart" for making my evening.

Tonight I wasn't feeling too well due to recovering from surgery this past Thursday. I have been trying all day to "try" to make some headway in my fabric mess or get to working on a project or something. Just haven't felt up to it yet. So, sitting down and running across this topic has made me laugh hard enough to cry. You are all so great.

Hey, I noticed none of the guy-quilters showed their sewing rooms/spaces, etc. What's up with that?

Thanks again. Love you all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Farm Quilter 12-05-2010 08:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'll be brave...

Cutting table with current project on it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138858[/ATTACH]

Innova LA with Christmas gift on it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138859[/ATTACH]

Sewing machine table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138860[/ATTACH]

Farm Quilter 12-05-2010 08:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
still more...

Ironing, Elna Super and starched strips
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138862[/ATTACH]

back side of LA with Christmas gifts stashed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138863[/ATTACH]

boxes of fabric packed for trip to Florida
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138864[/ATTACH]

PiecesinMn 12-05-2010 08:06 PM

Wow!!!! I feel right at home. I think we could be the start of another reality show on TV.

mzsooz 12-05-2010 08:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OKay... I hate to expose myself but here goes! This is what my room looks like right now. I can't seem to find anything in there tonight! I just turned off the light and said...there is always tomorrow!

Ramona Byrd 12-05-2010 08:33 PM

I am mentally unable to sew in starkly clean and neat surroundings. It gives me the willies, and I immediately must get
my shaking hand on a big hunk of chocolate and use the other trembling hand to help shove it into my by now twisted and drooling mouth. A glass of wine and dark sun glasses helps me to
regain my sanity, if I even have any left, staring at such an unnatural picture, meaning a neat place where one can actually, honestly FIND anything within minutes instead of days. And I still can't find a quilt I started for my son when he was about 6 years old. It's a lovely thing, I saw it about 4 or so years ago. I want to finish it for his 44th birthday next spring.