Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   microwave bowls (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/microwave-bowls-t268371.html)

Bluebonnets 08-06-2015 11:07 AM

Very nice! Great gifts!

twinsister2 08-06-2015 11:26 AM

Love them micro wave bowl holders! They're ideal in a pinch! 💖

audsgirl 08-06-2015 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gee Hope (Post 7278614)
can you use regular warm and natural batting in these? I've wanted to try one but my pattern called for the special W&N and I haven't bought that.

The Warm & Natural Warm Tater batting is recommended, but plain cotton batting may be okay. I found another brand at JoAnn's and got it with a coupon, so it was very inexpensive. I haven't used that one yet, but it must be just as good.

Leslie

audsgirl 08-06-2015 05:24 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. My kids love using their bowls. This is one of those things that I've made for other people but not for myself yet. I will have to get a move on and make one for us!

Leslie

Gee Hope 08-07-2015 04:01 AM

Thank you, Leslie. I will look the next time I go to JoAnn's. Once I get the right batting I will probably make a tater bag at the same time.

Originally Posted by audsgirl (Post 7279211)
The Warm & Natural Warm Tater batting is recommended, but plain cotton batting may be okay. I found another brand at JoAnn's and got it with a coupon, so it was very inexpensive. I haven't used that one yet, but it must be just as good.

Leslie

mjhaess 08-11-2015 08:29 AM

Great gifts....

LadyElisabeth 08-11-2015 09:37 AM

The bowls are new to me. Can they go into the microwave? What are they made of?

audsgirl 08-11-2015 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth (Post 7283529)

They are meant to hold a bowl in the microwave, to protect your hands from the hot bowl. They are sort of like form-fitting pot holders. They are made with cotton fabric and a cotton batting made specifically for use in the microwave. The brand I used was The Warm Company's Warm Tater batting. It doesn't have anything in it that might catch fire while being heated. I've made some from a tutorial here on the Quilting Board, but these were made with a pattern I bought.

Leslie

slbram17 08-29-2015 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by audsgirl (Post 7279211)

Leslie

What was the name of the other brand? I have it suggested to use something called Wrap and Zap. But also just that all items must be 100 percent cotton. I have read where people have used terry cloth towels for the batting too.

slbram17 08-29-2015 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth (Post 7283529)

There must be 25 tutorials on the internet about these things. I am just now getting around to making some myself. Might be nice gifts.