Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Miniature Scrappy Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/miniature-scrappy-quilt-t198342.html)

stitcherlady 08-23-2012 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5461057)
It is wonderful! I hope you'll consider joining our Doll Quilt Swap this month!

Actually, I had considered that - I have made other miniatures, not as small pieces, and not scrappy - they were made with reproduction fabrics. Maybe I will have to post some of them too. I would love to join a swap, I'm just concerned about having the deadline. I was reading another blog about people not fulfilling their commitment and I definitely would not want to do that. I will look at your guidelines, maybe I could make something ahead of time???

Babs194068 08-23-2012 07:14 AM

Really cute! too small for me, I'd go insane!

ppquilter 08-23-2012 07:21 AM

Love minis too, when i made small quilts using 1 inch squares I put them on a light fusible web, then sewed together like in my avatar ( it has 1 inch, 2 inch and 1 X 2 inch pieces) Great job, don't know if i would try just sewing together, more power to you!

BizzieLizzie 08-23-2012 07:12 PM

Well done you for recycling! I have done the same and 'saved' a lot of fabric that would have ended up being thrown away. I have finished one and I am still in the process of finishing off a couple more quilts with these scraps. Amazing what you can achieve with the scraps. Beautiful miniature quilt!

BizzieLizzie 08-23-2012 07:15 PM

Well done you for recycling! I have done the same and 'saved' a lot of fabric that would have ended up being thrown away. I have finished one and I am still in the process of finishing off a couple more quilts with these scraps. Amazing what you can achieve with the scraps. Beautiful miniature quilt! I would finish it off with a plain border unless you prefer to keep the theme and have a scrappy border framed between 2 plain 1/2"-3/4" plain borders? Either way would look lovely.

n2scraplvr 08-23-2012 07:28 PM

This is right up my alley! I'm saving 1" strips now for a scrappy mini. Yours is beautiful and I too would go digging in the trash for scraps! haha. I can't bear to throw out 1/4" pieces!! The reason yours is so interesting is from all the fabrics you gathered up! They look great together! Super job too!:thumbup:

QM 08-23-2012 07:52 PM

Spectacular!!

quilt3311 08-24-2012 03:53 AM

Really neat mini. You and a friend of mine would have a ball. I save all my to small to use pieces in a bag for her. Then in a few months I see those little pieces come back in a quilt. She will actually start out with 3/4" squares and go from there. finished pieces are 1/4".

whinnytoo 08-24-2012 03:58 AM

This just blows my mind, I LOVE IT!

orangeroom 08-24-2012 03:58 AM

Dear stitcher, you're mini quilt is beautiful! Good for you!