Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My New Place to Sew (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-place-sew-t32980.html)

kat112000 01-05-2010 06:04 PM

AWESOME!!!! Sure beats my quilting dungeon!!!

CatSpring MawMaw 01-05-2010 06:50 PM

I'm in south Texas, about a 2 hour drive to Galveston. Normally it doesn't get that cold here, except now. We are expected to go into the 20's for the next 3 days. Yes, I do have a heater and a/c.

CatSpring MawMaw 01-05-2010 06:52 PM

Yes, I do have a tv. I mostly just listen to it. And the antlers.... My hubby and I do enjoy hunting together.

CatSpring MawMaw 01-05-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
This is too weird. Guess what my Dh & I did this long weekend. We put up the insulation & wall boards on my sewing building. My door is on the side & only one window. Can't wait to finish it. DD gave me the flooring for Christmas. We have to finish the ceiling & paint it. Finish hooking up the electrical. I can hardly wait. I didn't think he would ever get it finished. Now we both have our own private santuary.

I can tell you, I haven't yet started sewing in it yet. The last two time I went into it, I just sat there and stared. It's still like a dream. Glad to hear you are getting one, too. Be sure to post some pics when yours is finished.

CatSpring MawMaw 01-05-2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lissa
Wow! What a well laid out room! And even the floor is just "classy!" I know you are "satiated!" LOL. Where do you perform your ironing?...I didn't see from the pics. Also, what kinds of machines do you use? The one with the color green reminded me of a Viking machine and was the other a serger? Anyway, enjoy your new space and please tell your husband I think he did an awesone job!:)/ Lissa

I have a Viking (about 3 years old). I just bought a Juki serger. Always wanted one, so I will have to learn it. Been sewing for 35 years, quilting for 15, crocheting for 20. Starting a side business altering and mending ( live in small rural area) but will still keep making quilts and crocheting. Oh! My ironing board is in the corner opposite of my "cozy space" I have the quilt top on my old 1930 wooden board.

Debra Mc 01-05-2010 08:46 PM

When I get mine finished I may just go in there, lock the door & not come out for a while. Just enjoy the peace & solitude. Told Dh I was gonna get me a mini frig & only have to come out to pee. IF I can figure out how to move DSL, I may even move my computer too. I need a solitude place as I have 2 DGS's living with me (5&3) & grammie needs a break. I think I have been thru Cat Springs before. I remember daddy talking about it. It's suppose to be 17 degrees here later part of the week. I can't remember the last time it was this cold in East Texas. In 1982 it was -5 for 3 days & washer froze up. Left towels in there & couldn't get them out. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sandra-P 01-06-2010 07:08 AM

Wow! You are very fortunate to have a hubby that loves you and is creative and clever! Your "hut" is awesome and I wish you very many happy hours in it.

sheliab12 01-07-2010 05:15 PM

Did you tell him what nights he could visit? At least he will always know where to find you. Bless his little heart. What a lovely place.

sewgray 01-11-2010 05:36 PM

I wouldn't have to go far, I live in Tomball. Love your sewhut!

2 Doods 01-11-2010 05:50 PM

Oh WOW! You have a beautiful space! Can we see the outside too?
DH wants to build a studio for me but I'm not sure I want to go outside the house. In the winter it would be through snow. And I sneak into my workroom when I am suppose to be doing house work. He might notice I'm avoiding the chores if I had to go to another building. Hmmm...Maybe he should build a guest house so I can take over the other 2 bedrooms.