Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My rotating cutting mat! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-rotating-cutting-mat-t65570.html)

Colbaltjars62 09-19-2010 09:08 AM

OMG, I Love it!!
The 12 inch is rated for 1,000 pounds. LOLOL!!!
Not likely I'll be pressing that hard but for the size it's great.
Thank you for the idea. :thumbup:
Very cool.

maryb119 09-19-2010 09:10 AM

Great idea!!! He's a keeper!

amandasgramma 09-19-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by amandasgramma

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Izy
Got me thinking, maybe you can use the turntable from an old microwave????? ;-)

Not sure it would be strong enough if it's plastic....but it's cheap! Worth a try!

I was thinking add a piece of ply, similar to what DH did, getting ideas for my smaller cutting mat, as it would be great when Paper piecing where I do a lot of trimming at every seam,

:lol:

Mine is 17" and IS a little large for what you're doing. DH cut the bottom left corner of my cutting mat. That way it starts at 1" either way.

I Have a small cutting mat that is about 12" x 16" or there abouts, I place a small table to the right hand side of my machine, with a little iron on, a rotating board, along with my small cutter and 1" x 12" ruler, would make the whole process that much quicker...which has got to be good hasn't it!! :thumbup:

Sounds great! I have a travel ironing board and travel iron to the right of my machine. I don't have to get up. My cutting table is to the right of that (L shaped) and I figure having to get up to cut means I get the exercise my doctor wants me to have!! LOL LOL

sueisallaboutquilts 09-19-2010 09:14 AM

Tell him we all want one for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
What a handy and clever guy, awesome! :D

Izy 09-19-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Izy
Got me thinking, maybe you can use the turntable from an old microwave????? ;-)

Not sure it would be strong enough if it's plastic....but it's cheap! Worth a try!

I was thinking add a piece of ply, similar to what DH did, getting ideas for my smaller cutting mat, as it would be great when Paper piecing where I do a lot of trimming at every seam,

:lol:

Mine is 17" and IS a little large for what you're doing. DH cut the bottom left corner of my cutting mat. That way it starts at 1" either way.

I Have a small cutting mat that is about 12" x 16" or there abouts, I place a small table to the right hand side of my machine, with a little iron on, a rotating board, along with my small cutter and 1" x 12" ruler, would make the whole process that much quicker...which has got to be good hasn't it!! :thumbup:

Sounds great! I have a travel ironing board and travel iron to the right of my machine. I don't have to get up. My cutting table is to the right of that (L shaped) and I figure having to get up to cut means I get the exercise my doctor wants me to have!! LOL LOL

Exercise?? I get enough of that trailing around the local towns in search of charity shops to build up my stash...teehee, when I am 'in the zone' I want it all to happen as fast as possible LMAO!!!!!!

amandasgramma 09-19-2010 09:42 AM

Izy! I'd forgotten about my "walking"!!!! I walk in the thrift shops, I walk to the bathroom, I walk to the kitchen.....yeah, I get enough exercise!!! ROL!

Izy 09-19-2010 09:44 AM

Izy! I'd forgotten about my "walking"!!!! I walk in the thrift shops, I walk to the bathroom, I walk to the kitchen.....yeah, I get enough exercise!!! ROL!

Well we are off on holiday tomorrow, so have fun while I am gone and let me know how it works for you, then I will put the 'oh honeeeeee' voice on, when I want something...you know the voice LOL!!

sewnsewer2 09-19-2010 09:53 AM

Thanks awesome!! Those things are expensive, I think I paid $25 for mine at wally world.

mhunt1717 09-19-2010 10:54 AM

Very cool!

3TreeFrog 09-19-2010 10:59 AM

Well now! I am going to make myself one too! What a fantastic idea your DH had! Thank him for us would you? LOL

TreeFrog