Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-room-t22680.html)

tlrnhi 07-12-2009 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Hang in there Terri, you'll be home soon and you can put as many holes in the walls as you want!!
I know I do!

This is the ONLY place where we have not hung any pictures. Usually my walls are plastered with them. I have alot of Fine Art that is just sitting in the closet collecting dust. I paid a TON of money for them and no one, not even me can see the beauty in them. :(

barnbum 07-12-2009 05:10 AM

Oh goodness--it makes me want to go in there, roll up my sleeves and make it calm. :D :D

Oh yes--you'll be in YOUR house soon enough (or maybe not soon enough) and then we'll really see your personality at work. :wink: I can't wait.

Barbm 07-12-2009 05:19 AM

My room looks similar, but not as cluttered- I would have heart palpitations if this was my room. Sorry- clutter makes me nervous. :)

I HAD to clean my room- I was walking past the closet and a big tub came flying out at me and hit me on the leg. I was not near the thing- it just slid off the top of them stacked 4 high. So I figured I should straighten them up (did not say clean- just stack them neatly).

My problem is I get into looking at things and projects come to mind and then.... so much for cleaning.

When will we see after pics?

Bevanger 07-12-2009 05:20 AM

that looks like my room. I have got to get it cleaned up. I'm thinking I'm missing a box of fabric. It just seems I had more at the old house and now its almost gone? Oh man, Here I go looking to see where it took off to. I thought all my sewing stuff got put in my sewing room... :x

tlrnhi 07-12-2009 05:38 AM

Yes, there will be after pictures.
Probably in a day or 2. Gotta give me time to figure out WHERE I am going to put things.
I actually thing some of those things on the big shelf are going to go to a new home...Salvation Army!

*QuilterWannabee* 07-12-2009 06:21 AM

Thanks for sharing! I was thinking your room should have a sign that says "Genius at work." Organized chaos would describe the spare bedroom I sew in.

Esqmommy 07-12-2009 07:11 AM

I now get to relish in the moment that my dining room is no longer the most "lived in" room in our land of sewing room postings. I can't wait to see the next set of pix you post - it will be quite the transformation. My only question - how do you iron????? Your board is filled girlfriend!

Riversong 07-12-2009 07:13 AM

I like your sewing room. I can help you tidy up! Just throw it all in a box and send it my way! :)

sewjoyce 07-12-2009 07:18 AM

Oh Terry, you are sew brave!!! And I have a sewing room that is a twin to yours :lol: :lol: I was just thinking that I'm since I finished some blocks yesterday and need to start on the blue/yellow swap blocks, that maybe I should clean up. But then, maybe not! If I do more than dust/vacuum (well kind of sorta), I end up fondling and refolding fabric all day and dreaming up new projects....

tlrnhi 07-12-2009 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I now get to relish in the moment that my dining room is no longer the most "lived in" room in our land of sewing room postings. I can't wait to see the next set of pix you post - it will be quite the transformation. My only question - how do you iron????? Your board is filled girlfriend!

My ironing board is usually cleared off. I needed someplace to put things, so that's where I put the stuff until I could clear it off.
I'm about 1/2 way done. Tried to go to bed, but laid there thinking of the mess in the room. Straightened out a bit more and am now on my way back up the stairs, but thought I'd check in here first.