Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-room-t22680.html)

Bevanger 07-12-2009 08:29 AM

go get some sleep dearheart. it'll still be there in the morning unless the sewing angels do it for you overnight :wink:

Ducky 07-12-2009 08:36 AM

Terri, that is actually how my sewing room almost always looks. Plus I have three trash cans in here that are almost always full - *things breed in here I think*. When I posted pictures of my room before, it was because I actually had cleaned and rearranged it. That lasted for maybe a week, now it's back to avalanche zone. As I've said before and will say again, "When I grow up I want to be organized".

amandasgramma 07-12-2009 08:40 AM

ROL!!!! Yes, my sewing room gets that way but I have to admit....I LIKE my sewing room neat and everything in its place. WHY??????? I get claustophobic AND with early dementia (at least that's what my DH says I have :? ) I get so frustrated trying to find things!!! BUT even with a neat and orderly sewing room.....I can't find my fabric pencil and my seam ripper!!!!!!!!! I give up -- I'm going to go buy new ones!!!! :mrgreen:

bearisgray 07-12-2009 08:47 AM

thank you for posting those pictures.

I try to start out neatly - and then when I go looking for something - - -

I need to make some bare spots again.

Rhonda 07-12-2009 08:53 AM

When I am in the middle of projects I shove the fabric that i just cut off out of my way over onto the other side of my table.When it gets where I have only a 1 foot x1 foot space to work in and I am shoving the scraps and other stuff back every few min. to have room to move I know it is time to find the bottom of my table again!! I do the same on my sewing machine! I pile with the intent of doing something about it later and before I know it I am shoving things back to stem the avalanche. When I get frustrated enough with the situation then I sort it and put it away.
I start over with a clean table and sewing machine but it doesn't last long!!
My DH and I are both pilers and I have to take time once in awhile to find the bottom!!

Mamagus 07-12-2009 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
When I am in the middle of projects I shove the fabric that i just cut off out of my way over onto the other side of my table.When it gets where I have only a 1 foot x1 foot space to work in and I am shoving the scraps and other stuff back every few min. to have room to move I know it is time to find the bottom of my table again!! I do the same on my sewing machine! I pile with the intent of doing something about it later and before I know it I am shoving things back to stem the avalanche. When I get frustrated enough with the situation then I sort it and put it away.
My DH and I are both pilers and I have to take time once in awhile to find the bottom!!

Oh maybe it wasn't Terri who was my twin separated at birth. How old are you? I think YOU might be my long lost twin! That is identical to how i work!!!

Today was too hot to be outside so I set the fans a-going and went and unearthed my sewing room. It felt good! But I know it is only temporary!

BDor 07-12-2009 01:22 PM

Terri, my room looks just like that when I am working on a project. When I get finished, I clean up and every things look nice until I start another.
I have decided I cannot create without chaos. I think it is a mark of a geniu--don't you.

Beverly

BlueChicken 07-12-2009 01:43 PM

I can see some floor space, I don't think you're working hard enough! LOL ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mine was just like that last week, only it's a much smaller room. I'm taking Pam's advice and cleaning and tidying after every project, it's working well so far!

Rhonda 07-12-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Oh maybe it wasn't Terri who was my twin separated at birth. How old are you? I think YOU might be my long lost twin! That is identical to how i work!!!

Today was too hot to be outside so I set the fans a-going and went and unearthed my sewing room. It felt good! But I know it is only temporary!

Mamagus I'm 53 and twins run in my family! I always wanted to be a twin!! :lol:
Whenever I lose something like my rotary cutter or a mini mat I go rooting through the scrap pile on my table. Usually it is under there somewhere!!! I work better when things are in chaos. I reuse a lot of scraps and it is convenient to have a pile of leftovers to look through. I don't have to pull out any zip locks of scraps to look for what I want!
Creativity thrives best in chaos!!! But just look at the beauty that results!

Lacelady 07-12-2009 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
ROL!!!! Yes, my sewing room gets that way but I have to admit....I LIKE my sewing room neat and everything in its place. WHY??????? I get claustophobic AND with early dementia (at least that's what my DH says I have :? ) I get so frustrated trying to find things!!! BUT even with a neat and orderly sewing room.....I can't find my fabric pencil and my seam ripper!!!!!!!!! I give up -- I'm going to go buy new ones!!!! :mrgreen:

Ha ha, I am with you on the pencils. Last year I bought two sets, one for me, and one for a quilty friend. I lost both. I finally found one set and gave them to my friend, but never found mine, so I had to replace it. All my Irish friends tell them I should pray to St. Anthony to help me find things, but since I am not religious, I think it would be a bit naughty of me. I'll come across it one day, and then I will have a spare!