Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My wonderful day filled w/beauty (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-wonderful-day-filled-w-beauty-t157068.html)

gingerpie 09-30-2011 03:53 PM

Nice you were able to spend the morning with GGD, and have a wonderful time. I too went to the show. My first quilt show, had avery nice day and spent to much $$

Great-great granny 09-30-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by gingerpie
Nice you were able to spend the morning with GGD, and have a wonderful time. I too went to the show. My first quilt show, had avery nice day and spent to much $$

So glad you got to go to your 1st show, it may become addicting - LOL. You need to try to go to the Austin Quilt Guild show the next time they have it & try some day to go the Houston Intl Show. I haven't been to either in several years, but they are both AWESOME.

Oh my goodness, I surely could have bought SO many 'things to play with' - unfortunately my budget is not longer what it once was & keeps me from it. :( I did get a few FQ

Have a blessed evening & may all your quilts be filled w/love.

gingerpie 09-30-2011 04:44 PM

Thanks! I will definetely be looking for more area quilt shows,I do love your avatar of the windmill, one of the patterns I purchsed today was a windmill, as I love them.

Originally Posted by Great-great granny

Originally Posted by gingerpie

So glad you got to go to your 1st show, it may become addicting - LOL. You need to try to go to the Austin Quilt Guild show the next time they have it & try some day to go the Houston Intl Show. I haven't been to either in several years, but they are both AWESOME.

Oh my goodness, I surely could have bought SO many 'things to play with' - unfortunately my budget is not longer what it once was & keeps me from it. :( I did get a few FQ

Have a blessed evening & may all your quilts be filled w/love.

mizkyp 09-30-2011 04:57 PM

I'm glad that you had a wonderful day. Thanks for the pics.

catpawski 09-30-2011 06:16 PM

Love the first quilt .....it is so different

Great-great granny 09-30-2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski

I thought so too, it is quite unique - don't think I've ever seen that pattern before. I think I would also like it w/just the darker circle in place where it is now & do away w/the red square. For me it kinda detracts from the pretty bluebonnet fabrics. Apparently that fabric comes w/the beige or dark background. Wish I knew the mfg. of it.

Xstitshmom 09-30-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny

Originally Posted by catpawski

I thought so too, it is quite unique - don't think I've ever seen that pattern before. I think I would also like it w/just the darker circle in place where it is now & do away w/the red square. For me it kinda detracts from the pretty bluebonnet fabrics. Apparently that fabric comes w/the beige or dark background. Wish I knew the mfg. of it.

I have some of that fabric. I'll look tomorrow and see if the manufacturer is on the side. I think it is Moda, but I'll verify that tomorrow.

tealfalcon 09-30-2011 06:35 PM

Very pretty..thank you for sharing

debbieumphress 09-30-2011 07:04 PM

Glad you had a great time at the quilt show. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

hensandhollyhocks 09-30-2011 07:58 PM

Love the bluebonnet fabric quilt! I bought my Mom a book with those kind of designs and I look through it every time I go to her house! Thanks for the pictures!