Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My wonderful day filled w/beauty (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-wonderful-day-filled-w-beauty-t157068.html)

valerieolm 10-01-2011 11:43 AM

I can imagine the great memories of the day the two of you spent together. Thanks for sharing.

valeriehumphrey11 10-01-2011 02:55 PM

Love your Austin Quilt. I used to live there and played guitar and sang on the street corners on 6th street for money. Those were the good ole days. I love Austin

goldsberry921 10-01-2011 02:58 PM

That is awesome that you had a good time. I went today (Saturday) and truly had a great time seeing all the creations!!!

Monique

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
This AM my grt grand dgtr picked me up & took me to the Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild quilt show in Round Rock, TX. What a wonderful day spent admiring so many beautiful quilts (& having lunch) w/a special lady.

It had been years since I've been to a quilt show & saw so much creative talent. Like I had suspected probably at least 75% of them were machine quilted, & I got to see my 1st long arm quilter. Hopefully in the future they will have enough of both hand & machine quilted to have 2 categories for judging purposes. I feel it is hard to be able to fairly judge a machine vs hand quilted items.

Regardless, the time for me was filled w/beauty & I came away wishing I could be more creative.

Only took a few pics as got pretty crowed early. Here are some of them. Besides the ribbons, each winner received a very cute, creative quilted 'hot pad' (attached to each ribbon)

Thanks for checking them out -

QUILTNMO 10-01-2011 03:01 PM

beautiful

westpond 10-01-2011 05:42 PM

not sure if you mean you don't know who is the maker of "Stack and Whack" quilting. If that is the case, it is Bethany Reynolds. She was from Maine. I took a class with her many years ago in the town I live in, Plymouth, Massachusetts. There is no website on the books I have, they are quite old. You may try American Quilters Society in Paducah, Ky. for info. Bethany is brilliant!!! Joyce from Plymouth, Ma.

MargeD 10-02-2011 01:52 AM

Thanks for sharing, that stack and whack quilt is gorgeous.

mojo11 10-05-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny

Originally Posted by A1penny
Thanks for sharing the beautiful quilt from the show. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Hand quilting is so beautiful, but I'm afraid that it is a dying art! There seem to be fewer and fewer entires of hand quilting. In this fast paced world we are living in now so few people take up that skill. Very sad! Perhaps like the indangered species act...we should have an "endangered hand quilting act"!

OHHHH YES - I agree about the 'fast pace'. It's such a shame - some of the younger generations have no idea of what they are missing & unfortunately too many are turning it into a Me, Me, Me society & it's all about the quantity of everything - more, more, more. :thumbdown: :(

Amen.