Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

Lockeb 02-03-2010 07:14 PM

Hi Janie,
Yes, for all of the other colors, scraps are wonderful - it's just the 2 yards of background fabric that is the main concern for this one..otherwise I'm thinking we can do our own thing - and even chose our own borders afterwards to use up some stash.....
It is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed dong the first 2 months....
I'm going to try to stay on top of it to make sure that everyone gets the link posted reminding them to pick up the next month's instructions.....

chewboo 02-03-2010 07:25 PM

so we need 2 yards for the background how big it it going to make i have not read what i copied yet

Lockeb 02-03-2010 07:39 PM

The Quilt is supposed to vinish at 48in x 64in which is a nice size to work with....

The background fabric should be 2 yards.....which will be the backgrounds for all blocks - and the strips in between the rows to join the rows together....other than that, scraps are sufficient....except for the borders and binding and backing - we can surely use whatever we chose after the rows have all been completed.....

I am trying to do this one complete from my stash.....for the first 2 months I'm ok - it depends on what the next months are going to be and what colors I'll want to use - I'll play it month by month for color selections....I am trying to do the colors that are given in the instructions....

ljs317 02-04-2010 05:08 AM

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you so very much for the link. I love the patterns so very much and can't wait to get started tonight. Just as soon as I finish this stupid thing called WORK that takes up so much of my time.

Lockeb 02-04-2010 05:30 AM

ljs317..
We are going to be quilte the family following Claudia's Mystery Quilt program....WONDERFUL!!!!!

Everyone,
I sent Claudia an email with a link to the forum to show her what we are up to......

THANKS CLAUDIA for such a great project!

ckelly 02-04-2010 05:52 AM

I am a brand new quilter, although I have been sewing and designing for over 45 years. The name on the site caught my eye-there aren't that many of us Claudia's around! I think I might try this, is it too hard for a beginner quilter? I am currently working on a French Braid for my 8 year old granddaughter in Tinkerbell colors (purples and greens)

Lillie 02-04-2010 06:56 AM

I HAVE JUST FOUND THIS ON QUILTER'S BOARD AFTER READING YOUR CLIP. I AM GOING TO GO HOME AND BEGIN THIS THIS WEEKEND. MY QUESTION TO YOU IS DO WE NEED TO BUY A BACKGROUND FABRIC TO CARRY THE THEME THROUGHT THIS QUILT? THANKS FOR SHARING.

scrappylouisa 02-04-2010 07:56 AM

I love the row by row quilt. I have the patterns saved and want to start this quilt as soon as my new printer arrives.

FAYE 02-04-2010 09:35 AM

another one who loves the challenge of "little" blocks...they are so much fun....I use used dryer softner sheets to PP on.....apply them on freezer sheets & print the pattern on with your printer.....it stabilizises the blk., & it can be left there when you assemble the blks.

Lockeb 02-04-2010 09:54 AM

I don't think this quilt quilt is too hard for a beginner but you may just need a bit more time to sew the smaller pieces....and with the points...but I'm sure a bit of practice is all it will take...

For the background - the pattern says that you should have 2 yards of a background fabric - which should take us thoughout the pattern.

Faye, These are not PP blocks though - all regular pieced...