Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

wvdek 04-23-2010 10:03 PM

You guys are too funny. You think you are behind-I haven't even started this one. Have to wait for summer when school's out. Of course if I have to work for tuition I may have to wait longer! lol

Lockeb 04-24-2010 04:45 AM

Wildyard...Fabulous idea!!!!!!

StitchnFind 04-24-2010 02:56 PM

Well i finally started my blocks. I just did one for each row to see how they are gonna work up first. the snowflakes were really challenging. But the April block gave me all sorts of problems. I had to rip the whole thing apart and start over. This time i put my quarter inch foot on and i will try and be more careful when i sew the rest. But this is so much fun doing. And watching how everyone is going along is great. Beautiful work. Hopefully i will have pic's soon too.

MaryAnna 04-24-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I am behind, behind, behind! I have only one lily finished! Looks like I will be sewing over the weekend for sure! I found myself dabbling into other things this week! Ain't it just soooo much fun getting into other things before one is finished!! Not my normal pattern, but I could not help myself!! :?

Oh, you'll get caught up in no time! You're almost there! I can't wait to see your quilt thus far!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

roseOfsharon 04-25-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I am behind, behind, behind! I have only one lily finished! Looks like I will be sewing over the weekend for sure! I found myself dabbling into other things this week! Ain't it just soooo much fun getting into other things before one is finished!! Not my normal pattern, but I could not help myself!! :?

Oh, you'll get caught up in no time! You're almost there! I can't wait to see your quilt thus far!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

As soon as I finish the lilys I will post! I too love seeing everyone else's work in the making!
Take care MaryAnna

Sharon

joy 04-25-2010 06:40 PM

I made one of the first ones this afternoon... am way behind but it doesn't matter... I'll make up the time... my DH asked me if the "curve" was in the pattern... I nearly clobbered him one... that was a practice one. you've got to laugh though !!! Think I will do one of each month to see what they are like to make before I go further... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!!

wildyard 04-25-2010 07:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!![/quote]

I can definitely say that for me, so far the first one is definitely the worst. But then I've only done January and February. LOL.
I finished February in just a couple of days. And that was even including the innovations I added.
I fear I am going to be the same kind of quilter that I am a cook. I can't seem to follow a recipe without a little "creativity" and now I find that happening in my blocks too.
You all know the story of my Tug Hill snowflakes. Well, February found me venturing for the first time into innovation for it's own sake. No errors to recover from. I designed and made my own blocks as you will see in the photos. AND.. I'm so proud of how this came out!.... I did my first ever machine applique'. All this to include a special message in my February row.

the first 3 hearts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5683[/ATTACH]

middle 2 hearts and special message
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5684[/ATTACH]

last 3 hearts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5685[/ATTACH]

my first ever machine applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5686[/ATTACH]

MaryAnna 04-26-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!!

I can definitely say that for me, so far the first one is definitely the worst. But then I've only done January and February. LOL.
I finished February in just a couple of days. And that was even including the innovations I added.
I fear I am going to be the same kind of quilter that I am a cook. I can't seem to follow a recipe without a little "creativity" and now I find that happening in my blocks too.
You all know the story of my Tug Hill snowflakes. Well, February found me venturing for the first time into innovation for it's own sake. No errors to recover from. I designed and made my own blocks as you will see in the photos. AND.. I'm so proud of how this came out!.... I did my first ever machine applique'. All this to include a special message in my February row.[/quote]

Wow! You're really getting creative! Your blocks look fabulous! I love the extra details and special message in the middle! I can't wait to see your March block! You're catching up fast!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 04-26-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by joy
I made one of the first ones this afternoon... am way behind but it doesn't matter... I'll make up the time... my DH asked me if the "curve" was in the pattern... I nearly clobbered him one... that was a practice one. you've got to laugh though !!! Think I will do one of each month to see what they are like to make before I go further... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!!

After the first row it's smooth sailing for a few months as the blocks are easier. You'll catch up soon as the other rows are quick and easy.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

roseOfsharon 04-26-2010 07:18 AM

Hi Wildyard, Your rows are very bright and cheery! If ever I should make another of these (not sure of that!) Brightening it up as you have done is very fascinatingly appealing! Looks good!

Sharon