Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need Your HELP!!! help us decide on quilting design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-your-help-help-us-decide-quilting-design-t155741.html)

Gramyx7 09-25-2011 11:26 AM

I am reading what has been sent in and she is yelling No No I want it with black backing.... ha ha she is so silly

Grandma Jane 09-25-2011 11:41 AM

An all over design of flowers and swirls. I think a yellow patterned backing would be pretty. or gray pattern.

LoriEl 09-25-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gramyx7
I am reading what has been sent in and she is yelling No No I want it with black backing.... ha ha she is so silly

I think she is out numbered!

Gramyx7 09-25-2011 11:54 AM

I agree.... so at this point I am going to do what i wanted to do all along... I might put flowers in the plain big squares.. maybe... but gray thread, gray backing.. and simple, can't see it anyway, the quilt is too busy... she is learning to quilt, and I am teaching her that a busy quilt needs simple... a plain quilt needs more quilting...

Thanks for your input :)

Originally Posted by LoriEl

I think she is out numbered!

KarenR 09-25-2011 12:00 PM

You win!!

knlsmith 09-25-2011 12:15 PM

Sorry, both. I like the black backing, but also the aimple all over design.

mandyk 09-25-2011 12:15 PM

Much as I love black, you need to tell your daughter that the quilting will not show up as well as gray. So all her leaves, flowers, etc. Will really be lost. The gray with gray thread will show the quilting. Perhaps you can find a pantograph using the more open designs with flowers and leaves, for a co promise. I love your quilt, and think it's more attention grabbing in your colors, than busy.

gmaybee 09-25-2011 12:43 PM

I think a gray backing would be nice. Black would show ever speck of lint. Then a simple design for the quilting. If you do the leaves etc. it will be lost in the of the quilt, because it is busy. I love the colors of the quilt. Nice job.

LindaM 09-25-2011 12:50 PM

I agree.... so at this point I am going to do what i wanted to do all along... I might put flowers in the plain big squares.. maybe... but gray thread, gray backing.. and simple, can't see it anyway, the quilt is too busy... she is learning to quilt, and I am teaching her that a busy quilt needs simple... a plain quilt needs more quilting...

Thanks for your input :)

Love this quilt! Swirls, leaves, flowers in the bigger squares would be beautiful :) Agree with the grey thread & backing.

Gramyx7 09-25-2011 02:32 PM

Thank you all for your input....

It is Grey thread .. grey backing.. and swirls, with some flowers and stippling.... :)

This was fun. :)