Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need Your HELP!!! help us decide on quilting design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-your-help-help-us-decide-quilting-design-t155741.html)

COYOTEMAGIC 09-25-2011 02:34 PM

Black backing, quilted with yellow thread with flowers and Bumble Bees!

Gramyx7 09-25-2011 02:37 PM

Thank you for your comments... I have told her all of this, she still insists on black, but, we are going with the gray. I have panto's, but I have never used them on this machine, so it will all be fmq...
Lisa is piecing a quilt top and i am going to have her do a panto on it so she can get the movement down.. and then go into fmq. So far she is going to be good as long as we all can get her to read a quilt.. ha !!! That is why we decided to do this...
So everyone's input has really helped...
Thank you so much :)

Originally Posted by mandyk
Much as I love black, you need to tell your daughter that the quilting will not show up as well as gray. So all her leaves, flowers, etc. Will really be lost. The gray with gray thread will show the quilting. Perhaps you can find a pantograph using the more open designs with flowers and leaves, for a co promise. I love your quilt, and think it's more attention grabbing in your colors, than busy.

the casual quilter 09-25-2011 02:37 PM

I'm with you. The prints are pretty busy so I'd do an allover. As far as the back, I like the idea of both the gray and the black.

Gramyx7 09-25-2011 02:38 PM

OH YES!!! Lisa said Oh YES.. Love's your idea..... Thank you so much :)

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
Black backing, quilted with yellow thread with flowers and Bumble Bees!

PhotoKevin 09-25-2011 02:41 PM

I LOVE THIS QUILT! I think I should get it! :-D And the way I want it quilted is with gray backing and yellow quilting! So modern! May I ask which fabrics you used?

hopetoquilt 09-25-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Jane
An all over design of flowers and swirls. I think a yellow patterned backing would be pretty. or gray pattern.

Totally agree! Love the color combo too. Just made a quilt with the exact same colors and really liked how it came out. Was wondering why I had never thought of putting yellow with gray before. Then I looked around and realized that the entire downstairs is painted yellow and I have taupe (leaning gray) carpeting. LOL

Gramyx7 09-25-2011 03:40 PM

You are too funny !!!! :) You made me laugh... Ok, most of the fabric's are from Joann's. Two of them are from a lqs, two of them are from Walmart, and one is a 1930's real feed sack. Joann's has the new section with the little blocks , charms , triangles all cut out, and jelly rolls. Plus they have fat quarters also. That is where I got most of the fabric's, and they have some on the bolt so I was able to get the border fabric as well. A few of them I picked up a few yrs back.. and I used it all in the quilt and do not have any idea who made them.Sorry about that....
Thanks for asking and for your compliments :)

Originally Posted by PhotoKevin
I LOVE THIS QUILT! I think I should get it! :-D And the way I want it quilted is with gray backing and yellow quilting! So modern! May I ask which fabrics you used?

emsgranny 09-25-2011 03:47 PM

definitely a gray back with the simpliest of quilting. If you had some of the gray with what looked liked little yellow butterflies on it it would look good - I would say this would be good for a dorm room - it would keep the student warms and also keep them awake to study lol The colors are great but a little busy for me. lol

Gramyx7 09-25-2011 03:59 PM

I like that idea too .. Butterflies... My daughter is 30 and love's it. My DIL 28 and wants it.. so not sure do i cut it in half.. ? ha ha The quilt is 102x108 a biggie.. so I don't know what I am going to do.... I might have to find all the colors again and make another one but different design.. oh boy... :)

Originally Posted by emsgranny
definitely a gray back with the simpliest of quilting. If you had some of the gray with what looked liked little yellow butterflies on it it would look good - I would say this would be good for a dorm room - it would keep the student warms and also keep them awake to study lol The colors are great but a little busy for me. lol

Jim's Gem 09-25-2011 05:25 PM

I like the all over design idea! Very pretty!!!