Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Not Happy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-happy-t58161.html)

KarenBarnes 08-08-2010 05:32 PM

I did exactly that with the DP9 that I'm working on right now! It is all fabrics from the Cars movie for my almost 2 year old DGS. He is obsessed with cars and loves it so hopefully he won't go blind before he outgrows the quilt! I did line up the blocks in a diagonal but it is still very busy!

JoAnnGC 08-08-2010 05:38 PM

What's not to like??? I love this quilt because it is full of movement and has a great feeling of three-dimensionality. There is no rule that I know of that says a quilt has to be calm or traditional. You used the colors very well together. The idea of a Disappearing Nine Patch is that the nine patch is supposed to disappear. Obviously, there are many quilters in our "little" group who agree that this is a wonderful quilt!!!

BrendaW 08-08-2010 08:55 PM

I'm sorry that you don't like it (yet) because I really do. The easiest change that I would suggest would be to change the light red print border to black. I think it would calm it down and contain it. (A bit late for a suggestion, I know, since it is already at the quilter.)

However, if you decide you still hate it after you've had it quilted and bound, I know where you could find a home for it <ggg>.

scoobertina 08-08-2010 08:57 PM

I really like it..

earthwalker 08-08-2010 09:04 PM

I really like the complexity ...the colours are fantastic and I think once it's done, you will feel differently about it. You should be pleased with your efforts....a lot of others are!

ellenmg 08-09-2010 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MY personal shame...Too many colors.... I like your quilt.
Ellen

quiltmom04 08-09-2010 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by ellenmg
MY personal shame...Too many colors.... I like your quilt.
Ellen

Nope - NOT too many colors! I LOVE it! As a suggestion, make a small black border before the outer border - it will look sensational!

ellenmg 08-09-2010 05:12 AM

Ohhh, good idea...I tend to stay away from black, I don't know why. I am going to do a trial with black border, I love to see how different making one change can do...
I actually have already finished it, I did a wide yellow border. I do use it on our bed, the dogs have scratched it, barfed on it, wiped their dirty feet on it, and it still looks good....and if it gets ruined I really don't care...So watch, it will last a hundred years....

DRogers870 08-09-2010 06:47 AM

I absolutely love it - I too knew right away it was a DP9. I have always admired the black and white with a touch of red quilts and I think this is one of the nicest I have seen.

QuiltingGramma 08-09-2010 09:16 AM

I like it a lot! Besides liking the black, white, and red, I love the pattern -- and I, too, could tell it was a D9P. You did a wonderful job!