Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Not Happy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-happy-t58161.html)

watson's mom 08-22-2010 07:55 PM

I am making one now very similar to yours, The only difference is that I didn't put in the red and white pieces just the solid reds for accent. It is for my grandson (16) and there are 4 black and white and 4 white and black fabrics in it also. He loves it so far, should be finished and ready for the LAQ by next weekend.

Sadiemae 08-23-2010 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by ellenmg
MY personal shame...Too many colors.... I like your quilt.
Ellen

This is not a personal shame and definitely does not have too many colors. I absolutely love it and You can send it to me anytime!!!!

Bmanmommy 08-23-2010 02:04 AM

very pretty

nannya54 08-23-2010 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by watson's mom
I am making one now very similar to yours, The only difference is that I didn't put in the red and white pieces just the solid reds for accent. It is for my grandson (16) and there are 4 black and white and 4 white and black fabrics in it also. He loves it so far, should be finished and ready for the LAQ by next weekend.

I believe I had a total of 9 black/white prints, 1 b/w with a touch of red, and another just the red and white, and of course the solid dark red. I had to keep alternating the colors of the 9 patch so that is why it's so random of a pattern. I think it was way too many patterns although I do like the reds spattered in to break it the black and white a bit.

heather1949 08-23-2010 04:41 AM

I love it also great colors.

Riversong 08-23-2010 04:48 AM

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. i made a wall quilt awhile back that I hated,,,to me it was plum ugly!! But a friend saw it and went nuts over it and was thrilled when I gave it to her.

watson's mom 08-23-2010 05:10 AM

I forgot to mention that before I started mine, I saw yours and thought " That's the one" so I more or less followed what you did. I love your quilt and if I would have had a larger selection of fabrics, it would be even more random. Thank you for the inspiration. Yours is great just the way it is.

Originally Posted by nannya54

Originally Posted by watson's mom

I believe I had a total of 9 black/white prints, 1 b/w with a touch of red, and another just the red and white, and of course the solid dark red. I had to keep alternating the colors of the 9 patch so that is why it's so random of a pattern. I think it was way too many patterns although I do like the reds spattered in to break it the black and white a bit.

colorfulgrammy 08-23-2010 05:12 AM

Don't see why you are so unhappy? It is an eyeful of color...even tho it is black and white. :lol:

champagnebubbles 08-23-2010 05:42 AM

I really like it Do you need my address???

Lostn51 08-23-2010 06:07 AM

Its busy I will say that!

I am not a fan of Black and White together in a quilt but for some reason I really like this quilt. If you decide you cant live with it I know just where you can send it ;) That quilt would be well loved in my house!!

I think you did a great job on it!!

Billy