Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Not really a new topic, but thanks for the ideas..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-really-new-topic-but-thanks-ideas-t79931.html)

grann of 6 12-01-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bjaayoung
I am trying to figure out how the tool works. Do you line the drawmlines on you seams?

Yes, you line up the lines you drew on the template, on the seams, always with the same part up. Do like I did and make a sample first. Ideally, you should make notes as you go along, but that's too much work for me. I like flying by the seat of my pants.

amma 12-01-2010 12:58 PM

Very clever! Your quilt is looking good :D:D:D

Yarn or Fabric 12-01-2010 01:03 PM

Fabulous! It is looking just wonderful!

grann of 6 12-01-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Very clever! Your quilt is looking good :D:D:D

Thanks everyone. It is all put together. I have a burgandy sashing strip around it. Do you ever notice how when you get just about done with something you can't find quite the right color for a border or binding? All I have in that fabric is jelly roll strips and the 5" squares. There is only one of each design in the strips. Question: would it look funky to have a different design or color on each side. I think it will look tacky. And I am NOT going shopping. Remember, I am on a spending diet!!!!!

sueisallaboutquilts 12-01-2010 02:10 PM

Nice!! Be sure to keep us posted. Love it!

Cyn 12-01-2010 02:11 PM

Looks awesome!

cwessel47 12-01-2010 02:13 PM

Beautiful fabric and color combination. This will look great no matter what you do with it. Nice work!

pgthom 12-01-2010 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Since I am on a spending diet, and confined to kitchen sewing, I decided to play with all the ideas for the twister template. I have a bunch of the 5" squares, Moda Miss Jump's Scrapbag. And since I read someone saying something about cutting out of plexiglass, I remembered I have a piece in the basement. Voila! Here is what I have done; not sewed together yet. That's later.

LOL! Lovin' your terminology: "spending diet".

Thanks for sharing your cleverness! Now I understand how to make these, and can "stay on the diet!" Think I will try using a regular square, and remarking bold lines with china marker...can wipe off when done! Or could use narrow tape probably. Hmmmm...got me thinking. Will be curious to see your finished product. Penny

grann of 6 12-01-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by pgthom

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Since I am on a spending diet, and confined to kitchen sewing, I decided to play with all the ideas for the twister template. I have a bunch of the 5" squares, Moda Miss Jump's Scrapbag. And since I read someone saying something about cutting out of plexiglass, I remembered I have a piece in the basement. Voila! Here is what I have done; not sewed together yet. That's later.

LOL! Lovin' your terminology: "spending diet".

Thanks for sharing your cleverness! Now I understand how to make these, and can "stay on the diet!" Think I will try using a regular square, and remarking bold lines with china marker...can wipe off when done! Or could use narrow tape probably. Hmmmm...got me thinking. Will be curious to see your finished product. Penny

If you have been following any of my other posts you will know why I am on a "spending diet". Watch for the Gus updates. My Rottie mix had to have ACL surgery. Need I say more?!?! I am retired and living on social security and what my husband left me in investments. Luckily the investments are there. Of course, my husband is looking down from above saying...."SUZANNE!!!!!!" That was his famous phrase when I did something he didn't approve of.

raedar63 12-01-2010 02:29 PM

How do you cut plexiglass?