Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Is it obvious???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/obvious-t36556.html)

mayday 02-11-2010 10:59 AM

A blind man on a galloping horse comes to mind!!
Leave it--------wish I were the recipient!!

bstanbro 02-11-2010 11:11 AM

I looked twice to find it. I doubt anyone else will. When I made my third quilt, which was for my son's wedding--a large king size, I had two blocks turned in the first row of blocks that I sewed together. I didn't notice it until I had already sewn on the sashing (with cornerstones) and another row of blocks. I hated the idea of taking it apart, and so I left it. I was hard pressed to find it after adding the borders. Also, I put the label in such a way that put the wrong-way blocks at the designated bottom of the quilt. I have no regrets, and my son and dil loved the quilt.

Maksi 02-11-2010 11:20 AM

I don;t see it. It is a very nice top.

Greendragon6889 02-11-2010 11:52 AM

If I haden't been told I would have never noticed...I think it looks great...

sewNso 02-11-2010 11:56 AM

i studied it for a while, but will have to look longer to find what ever you did wrong. it's busy, the kids, and/or mom will never know the difference. it's your 'artwork'. make it any way you want. they will love it as is.

KarenSimon 02-11-2010 12:25 PM

I found it but it ISN'T obvious. Don't point it out and no one will notice. A quilting teacher once told me, "Only God is perfect, our quilts don't have to be."

Sewslow 02-11-2010 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
I get this all put together and realize one set of blocks is facing the wrong way.......is it obvious enough to tear out and re-do? It is going to be a gift, but I very seriously doubt the mother knows anything about quilting...... Tell me now before it's too late :)

When is too late? I found a floral remnant for a valance that coordinated beautifully with our yellow-striped wallpaper. After it had been up several years I noticed the right 1/3 over our 6" patio door is out of line with the other 2/3. Since it took me years to notice, it's shirred on a wide foundation and no one has ever mentioned it, I'm not planning to change it. I'd send a picture but I don't want you all to point out how easily you found it. LOL

JudeWill 02-11-2010 02:21 PM

Took me forever to find the one I "think" is wrong and I'm not sure that is the right one!

potwoman 02-11-2010 02:30 PM

I like it that way. Keeps the eye ( and the mind) moving because it's not at all static. It's lovely. As the Japanese artists believe: Only God is perfect.
I think we need to learn to celebrate these little "defects" that we keep producing!
Or at least, we might as well!
It's a charming quilt.

sewjoyce 02-11-2010 02:55 PM

No, the out of place block (or is it? :twisted: ) will never be noticed by anyone but you.... :lol: :lol: