Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OMG - I'm SO embarassed -- My Works in Progress/Planned Projects... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/omg-im-so-embarassed-my-works-progress-planned-projects-t89006.html)

JuneD 01-10-2011 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by pieces
Haviing this many UFO's is a surprise to me.
This maybe the reason so many quilters get overwhelmed with their quilting. And why there is so much clutter in ones sewing room. I can't understand having this many projects lined up to make. I always finish a quilt before starting another one.
I wonder if this isn't the case of wanting to be a quilter?
And buying a lot of kits/fabric but never making any of these
projects? How can anyone get this many projects done in a lifetime. I say, sell all these kits, keep a couple, organize your sewing room and start sewing.

Having read this post, I went into my 'sewing room' (it's not really a room, but I'll call it that for clarification) and counted the quilt kits I have that I not even looked at in a month. I've 15...and believe me, I am not ashamed of that!!!! AND...I'd consider myself a quilter even if I had only 1 kit!!!

JuneD 01-10-2011 06:22 AM

Jessica...can I come live in your sewing room????? :-)

jetnica 01-10-2011 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by JuneD

Originally Posted by pieces
Haviing this many UFO's is a surprise to me.
This maybe the reason so many quilters get overwhelmed with their quilting. And why there is so much clutter in ones sewing room. I can't understand having this many projects lined up to make. I always finish a quilt before starting another one.
I wonder if this isn't the case of wanting to be a quilter?
And buying a lot of kits/fabric but never making any of these
projects? How can anyone get this many projects done in a lifetime. I say, sell all these kits, keep a couple, organize your sewing room and start sewing.

Having read this post, I went into my 'sewing room' (it's not really a room, but I'll call it that for clarification) and counted the quilt kits I have that I not even looked at in a month. I've 15...and believe me, I am not ashamed of that!!!! AND...I'd consider myself a quilter even if I had only 1 kit!!!

Don't feel bad!! =)

you're prepared for a blizzard, or summer vacation, or a long weekend!!

we're quilters because we want to be! =)

jetnica 01-10-2011 06:23 AM

Jessica...can I come live in your sewing room????? :-)

lol - you might be close enough that we could shop together!! =)

MommaDorian 01-10-2011 06:23 AM

Ohhhh..where did you find the pattern for the cupcake placemats?????? I have a lot of goodies I need to finish too!!!!!!

I found it!!

http://susiecshore.com/cart/cupcake-party-p-6.html

neeng 01-10-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
You know what I do when I have lots of little projects? I start with the fastest ones. Get those knocked out of the way and feel inspired to tackle some bigger projects. How long can it take for a pillowcase? Probably an hour or so. You could get one or two projects done in an afternoon. Wouldn't that get you going?

The kids' fleece car blankets, and binding on the turtle quilt that's already quilted, will be fast too and get a lot out of the WIP section quickly. Then you'll feel freer to pick and choose what to work on next.

jetnica 01-10-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian

Ohhhh..where did you find the pattern for the cupcake placemats?????? I have a lot of goodies I need to finish too!!!!!!

I found it!!

http://susiecshore.com/cart/cupcake-party-p-6.html

GREAT internet searching!! thanks!! :) :)

jetnica 01-10-2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by neeng

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
You know what I do when I have lots of little projects? I start with the fastest ones. Get those knocked out of the way and feel inspired to tackle some bigger projects. How long can it take for a pillowcase? Probably an hour or so. You could get one or two projects done in an afternoon. Wouldn't that get you going?

The kids' fleece car blankets, and binding on the turtle quilt that's already quilted, will be fast too and get a lot out of the WIP section quickly. Then you'll feel freer to pick and choose what to work on next.

yea, i'll do a couple of quick ones - but first i need to finish the ones that are on a dead line.

first stop - getting OFF this computer and getting today's errands done, so i can SEW SEW SEW this evening!

I'll be back later - with more comments i'm sure! :)

thank you everyone! your kind words, encouragement, and even good-natured laughter mean so much to me.

rebeccalr 01-10-2011 06:36 AM

You need to do like me and sit down and write out everything that you have planned. I couldn't believe how long the list was AND I have almost everything that I need to finish the projects! I have marked off 3 of them and it feels GREAT! Now, how many do I have to mark off before I can add more to the list? ;-)

QuiltingrandmafromMi 01-10-2011 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG, I thought I had projects, you have a lot of fun things to do, It would be hard to pick just one and get started! Would like to see the face of your insurance agent!