Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OMG - I'm SO embarassed -- My Works in Progress/Planned Projects... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/omg-im-so-embarassed-my-works-progress-planned-projects-t89006.html)

Sharonsews 01-10-2011 07:58 AM

I love all your PP and WIPs.

SharonC 01-10-2011 08:01 AM

You're braver than I am. I'd hate for people to see all the things I'm working on/planning or have started and lost time/interest. :)

mimee4 01-10-2011 08:02 AM

You are so organized. I admire it. I have some of my WIPs, just some of them, in plastic grocery bags, hanging from nails in my sewing room - those are the ones I haven't even started. We are a group of doers, plan to do, want to do, maybe will do. LOL

mamaw 01-10-2011 08:06 AM

Well thank you for the reassurance that I am not abnormal....just a quilter with alot of projects!! In speaking with my friends, most of us are in the same boat so just enjoy the process.

AngieS 01-10-2011 08:15 AM

I want to go shopping @ your house. :thumbup:

Tootsie 01-10-2011 08:17 AM

Gee, I feel better now - thanks for making my day LOL!

On the upside, these all look like wonderful projects!

justflyingin 01-10-2011 08:46 AM

I don't see why you should feel embarrassed about anything. I love your collection.

But anyway, this whole thread demonstrates two different kinds of people...just as I read years and years ago about many people with different hobbies.

1. There are the people who want to see things get finished because they love the finished PRODUCT.

2. There are the people who love the PROCESS. Every part of it. The planning, the buying, the stacking and looking at the fabric, sorting, the cutting and sewing. The finished Product is a byproduct--the result of the fun of buying, collecting, etc.

This variance in personalities causes conflicts and even some nasty conflicts and comments. Those who are type 1 just don't understand type 2. They think they have a problem, are inferior, undedicated, unable to concentrate, undisciplined, etc.

I have a husband who is type 2 about building things. He loves the finished product (as we all do our quilts) but even more important and the part he spends hours and hours doing is the planning and the building part because he likes doing it. O

I'll freely admit that there are times I wish he was more like type 1. :)

But when it comes to quilting, I Completely understand Type 2. I love the process....the finished qulit is simply a byproduct of the fun of the making.

CraftyGardenMom 01-10-2011 09:01 AM

Jessica, your stash is great! Looking at your blog, I would say based on the 3 of projects you completed in 2010, and already in 2011, I say it's all 100% justified, LOL.

jetnica 01-10-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by CraftyGardenMom
Jessica, your stash is great! Looking at your blog, I would say based on the 3 of projects you completed in 2010, and already in 2011, I say it's all 100% justified, LOL.

Thank you!! and thanks for looking at my blog!! =)

sustraley 01-10-2011 09:06 AM

Hey at least you are organized.