Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One block, on point, finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-block-point-finished-t303538.html)

illinois 03-13-2019 03:19 AM

Isn't it interesting how putting a block on point changes the entire thing and really dresses it up? Your quilt is beautiful! I'm like you with saving back those pieces that are our favorites but at a similar age, it's time to do something with that. As I'm slicing through it, I have to keep saying--they do sell more fabric nowadays, they do sell more fabric nowadays..... What are we saving that piece for really? If it's for the "perfect" pattern, you know that it will be 6 inches short of what you need!!

And ps--there are some really cute patterns and fabrics in my stash that are favorites for babies and children. I'm beginning to put some of the very "best" into a tote that are in reserve for the day that my grandchildren have babies--just in case I'm no longer able/available to make quilts for them.

jmoore 03-13-2019 05:01 AM

Your fabric choice was perfect for your quilt...I’m sure you will get much more enjoyment from it than you did with it sitting in your stash. Great finish Marcia.

Anniedeb 03-13-2019 08:53 AM

That is wonderful! Love the cherished fabric. I also have many pieces that are too pretty, nice etc to cut. I've started to slowly use those pieces though. My quilting friend showed me some of her too nice to cut fabric, and I thought "beauty is in the eye of the beholder!" Made me realize that just because I feel that way about a piece, others might not! In fact one piece I have that I just love, love, love came from her because she didn't like it!!

crafty pat 03-13-2019 08:57 AM

You did a wonderful job. That is a beauty.

maviskw 03-13-2019 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8223652)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610075[/ATTACH]The pattern came from several different sources. The block is Capital-T from Susan Teegarten and the arrangement, on point, came from Debbie Thompson from Piecing the Past.

Does anyone else have trouble cutting up a cherished piece of fabric? I know I'm 72 1/2 years old. That means that if I live to be 90 I only have 17 1/2 years left to sew up all this fabric. I used one of my favorite fabrics ( I only had less than 4 yards) by the Blank company, leaves with gold, for the border and there is only enough left to do the binding. Now it's gone. Sniffff. But what are we to do?

My dreadful brothers will chuck everything in an incinerator, as they did Moms stuff. I wanted to get all the pleasure out of that fabric that was ever there, and I think I did. I made this quilt top. I had all the fun, enjoyment, etc, but I still have some tugs at my heart. It's not sitting on the top shelf looking back at me.

This is strange. I could not see the picture of your quilt in your post even though everyone else is telling you how beautiful it is. Now it shows up in this reply.