Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One block, on point, finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-block-point-finished-t303538.html)

Battle Axe 03-11-2019 06:50 AM

One block, on point, finished

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610075[/ATTACH]The pattern came from several different sources. The block is Capital-T from Susan Teegarten and the arrangement, on point, came from Debbie Thompson from Piecing the Past.

Does anyone else have trouble cutting up a cherished piece of fabric? I know I'm 72 1/2 years old. That means that if I live to be 90 I only have 17 1/2 years left to sew up all this fabric. I used one of my favorite fabrics ( I only had less than 4 yards) by the Blank company, leaves with gold, for the border and there is only enough left to do the binding. Now it's gone. Sniffff. But what are we to do?

My dreadful brothers will chuck everything in an incinerator, as they did Moms stuff. I wanted to get all the pleasure out of that fabric that was ever there, and I think I did. I made this quilt top. I had all the fun, enjoyment, etc, but I still have some tugs at my heart. It's not sitting on the top shelf looking back at me.

luvstoquilt 03-11-2019 07:21 AM

Yes! I have a lot of French General and cannot cut it! I am 5 years older than you and I plan to make it to at least 95! I have more fabric than I can ever use but I have instructed my sons to call my quilting buddies to empty my fabric collection and all sewing goodies including machines. I hope you will quilt that beauty and sleep under it every night. It is really pretty. Merry

nativetexan 03-11-2019 07:38 AM

Oh you did a lovely, lovely job on that quilt. wonderful fabric shown off to it's best! Enjoy!!:D

dunster 03-11-2019 07:41 AM

Think of it this way. Your beautiful fabric is much happier being in a gorgeous quilt than sitting on the shelf.

hcarpanini 03-11-2019 07:53 AM

Such a pretty quilt!

Friday1961 03-11-2019 08:00 AM

Your quilt top is beautiful and a perfect recipient for the fabric you cherished! You've put it to excellent use; I can't imagine how it would have been used better!

Far better in this beautiful creation than sitting on the shelf. But yes, I understand your reluctance to actually use it. I think we forget sometimes fabric's true purpose -- to be made into something even more beautiful than itself. You've done that. Congratulations!

Plee1053 03-11-2019 08:01 AM

That is absolutely beautiful! Someone will enjoy its warmth and beauty and think about you! I’ve got so much fabric they will need a small u-haul to carry it away! Hubs just told me he found 2 Hugh boxes under a table in the garage- I had forgotten I had!He put them in storage shed. Brought back memories from when his mom passed we had to empty her 2 storage sheds! Haven’t bought any this year! I can’t sew any either! Hip surgery/machine upstairs! Such a waste of time! We’ve got to keep sewing so we don’t win that contest! “The one who dies with the most fabric wins!”:)

Tartan 03-11-2019 08:05 AM

​Lovely top and use up your fabric!

maryb119 03-11-2019 08:15 AM

You made a beautiful quilt!!! I understand it is hard to cut up a special piece of fabric. Talk with your brothers and ask them to donated your fabric to a charity group to even to Goodwill.

Boston1954 03-11-2019 08:15 AM

That came out great. Thanks for showing us.