Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One Block Woofers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-block-woofers-t23403.html)

plainpat 08-08-2010 02:21 AM

I'm wanting to make a OBQ .What brand 60degree
ruler do you use? Someone posted they used one that left all the points
cut off, so they ended up with a hole in the center of their blocks.

I'd be so lost if that happened! Have fabric ordered & need to find the 1st book,plus the right type ruler. Thanks for any info.

Katrine 08-08-2010 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by justme2
I'm wanting to make a OBQ .What brand 60degree
ruler do you use? Someone posted they used one that left all the points
cut off, so they ended up with a hole in the center of their blocks.

I'd be so lost if that happened! Have fabric ordered & need to find the 1st book,plus the right type ruler. Thanks for any info.

Pat, Kathryn is travelling at the moment - but the book recommends the Clearview 6" 60degree triangle - and I know she uses that one because she asked me where I got mine from.

plainpat 08-08-2010 04:54 AM

HEY...many thanks. So glad to have that confirmed....now to find the Clearview 60 degree ruler, small size.We have a Joanns....they don't have it & the LQS has no notions at all.If need be, will find it on line.I appreciate your reply....just the info I needed.

Pat, Kathryn is travelling at the moment - but the book recommends the Clearview 6" 60degree triangle - and I know she uses that one because she asked me where I got mine from.[/quote]

SUSAN 08-08-2010 05:07 AM

fantastic!!!

Friendly Quilter 08-08-2010 05:40 AM

I love your quilt, Great colors and Great layout.

winipb2 08-10-2010 09:27 PM

Very nice--- I love your fabric choice.

carolaug 12-30-2010 03:17 PM

ok...so when you make these one block wonders its all the same fabric??

wanttobe 12-30-2010 04:03 PM

I love dog material. This quilt came out great.

k3n 12-31-2010 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
ok...so when you make these one block wonders its all the same fabric??

Yes that's right. If you check out the link (in blue top left of the page) it will take you to a topic list dedicated to OBWs, kaleidoscopes and stack n whack. A look through some of those threads should tell you all you need to know. :-D

mjsylvstr 12-31-2010 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
I so enjoy all these threads from other quilters......but when you sent this one, I wasn't much into the them (hadn't yet found them back then !!!!)

and I was just reading about your OBWs and someone posted this thread ....I immediately went into it and your quilts are absolutely beautiful.

I have your doggie fabric ...used for a couple dogs in the family but would never have thought to use it for a OBW....It's really great !!!

Back to why I am writing...
I have bought the book, bought three different fabrics, and really want to do one .........BUT........
the book is on the shelf, the fabric in the closet and I am beside myself with wondering (good work to use here !!!!) if I would be able to do this pattern.

Is it very difficult? I will bring all the prep to Florida with me when I leave in a couple weeks and will make myself accept this challenge.

I will have all the time while there for the winter and should be able to accomplish something.....hopefully, a OBW.

Again, you quilts are beautiful.......

MaryJane.......from NJ......right along the Atlantic coast.

I wrote that post on December 9th.....LAST YEAR.....and the fabric is still folded and the book still unopened, and I am still wondering about being able to accomplish an OBW........

I again brought all with me to work on this winter so I will see what I get done this year......!!!!!!!!!