Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One Block Woofers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-block-woofers-t23403.html)

kriscraft99 01-17-2011 08:21 AM

oh this is amazing!

nickylsf 01-28-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
Here's an OBW I just finished for a good friend in the UK who breeds dogs. I FMQ'd it and only my second attempt - far from perfect but I'm happy to send it! Thanks so much to Dunster and Jan who both showed OBWs a while back that inspired my choice of fabric and the idea of leaving a full block of the original fabric. I'm showing some close ups of the detail as well. :D

Gorgeous! And what a good choice for us dog lovers. I like the idea of leaving one block of the original fabric.

almostfree 01-28-2011 01:48 PM

What a great quilt! Love the pups!!!

k3n 01-29-2011 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf

Originally Posted by k3n
Here's an OBW I just finished for a good friend in the UK who breeds dogs. I FMQ'd it and only my second attempt - far from perfect but I'm happy to send it! Thanks so much to Dunster and Jan who both showed OBWs a while back that inspired my choice of fabric and the idea of leaving a full block of the original fabric. I'm showing some close ups of the detail as well. :D

Gorgeous! And what a good choice for us dog lovers. I like the idea of leaving one block of the original fabric.

Thank you - she still challenges visitors to find the whole doggies! :lol:

nickylsf 01-29-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by k3n

Thank you - she still challenges visitors to find the whole doggies! :lol:

K3n, your website and quilts are gorgeous. I can't wait to make a OBW. I just ordered a book. I too use a book like a manual, especially the first time. I previously thought these were beyond my ability but now I think not! Thanks so much for sharing.

AndiR 01-29-2011 07:38 AM

Very nice!! I did a OBW from that same fabric - called mine "Dizzy Dogs" LOL

sewwhat85 01-29-2011 07:39 AM

nice

k3n 01-29-2011 09:00 AM

K3n, your website and quilts are gorgeous. I can't wait to make a OBW. I just ordered a book. I too use a book like a manual, especially the first time. I previously thought these were beyond my ability but now I think not! Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you. And I'm certain you can do it! Look forward to seeing your first... :-D

k3n 01-29-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by AndiR
Very nice!! I did a OBW from that same fabric - called mine "Dizzy Dogs" LOL

Have you posted it? I would love to see it. I made this one over a year ago BTW - it's an old post but she still loves her quilt. :-D

Rntraveler 01-29-2011 09:05 AM

That is so cute....