Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/our-challenge-block-swap-will-extended-march-15th-2009-update-bebe-1-18-a-t8410.html)

annmarie 07-06-2008 07:56 PM

Jennifer/Dazzleme - OK - now you've done it! I loved the blue & yellow applique!! And I love the log cabin. I want BOTH of them!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DreamXer 07-06-2008 08:36 PM

Puzwhiz - that's beautiful!

I haven't started yet... ooops! I'm starting next week after the dolly swap and some other obligations are done. I'm looking forward to sewing these blocks!

beachlady 07-07-2008 03:25 AM

Puz, I am not in your group, but the block for Dreamxer is sooooo beautiful!!!

DazzleMe! 07-07-2008 03:36 AM

Ann Marie:

Good!!! Cause I was going to ask if you still wanted the other one. It is yours!

I'm glad you like the pink one!!

bebe 07-07-2008 05:13 AM

Ladies allt he blocks are outragous you all have out did yourselves. I am still in the planning stages. Really busy with church my life groups and so on. I better get rolling soon don't you think?????

mareliba 07-07-2008 05:18 AM

Hello ladies, my internet is out at the house so I had to wait until today when I got back to work so I could catch up. I love the blocks all of you have made me! Thanks!!! Also, all the blocks aree looking great!

mareliba

Cordelia 07-07-2008 05:38 AM

I love that Hunter's Star block for the other group. That looks really, really hard!

I won't be sewing again until Friday. I only sew on the weekends. So, I'll see if I can't get my block to come out right. I'm really jealous all of you can sew your 12.5 inch blocks and I can't.

I follow directions. I don't fudge on the directions. But, the site calls them to be 12 inch blocks. I think that's how they're supposed to come out. To get another half inch to them has to require fudging and I'm not that good at that yet.

I measured all my quarter inches and they were perfect quarter inches and the block was a perfect 12 inch block.

I'll try adding and extra eighth Friday and see if that does it.

bebe 07-07-2008 06:02 AM

Cordelia,
Maybe you are thinking something else about 12.5? What we mean is the block needs to measure 12.5 unfinished and when it is put into the quilt it will be 12 inches finished. Are yours measuring 12.5 unfinished?

Hope this helps????
I have tired calling you so we can talk this out but no answer. Give me a call tomorrow evening if this hint does not work. Do not get discouraged okay???

collettakay 07-07-2008 06:51 AM

I absolutely can't wait to start my blocks. I've started some planning but have been really busy the past couple weeks and have had some other projects that needed finishing first. I'm hoping to get started this week!

By the way, every single block has turned out beautifully. Good job, ladies!

Elizabeth A. 07-07-2008 06:55 AM

PuzWhiz your Hunters star is amazing!

Oh and the Pink Butterfly, WOW!!! Mind Sharing that Pattern?

Currently I'm at a pause, yesterday I shoved my daughter's quilt into the sewing machine and nothing is going to be done until that puppy is outa there! :D

AMAZING WORK!