Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/our-challenge-block-swap-will-extended-march-15th-2009-update-bebe-1-18-a-t8410.html)

bettlove 07-07-2008 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Log Cabin for Michelle (ccheleme) Thke colors are really pretty.

DA Mayer 07-07-2008 07:44 AM

Wish i could start already, no time yet. Son gets married in a month from tomorrow. So much to do so little time. Other son having a baby in 4 months, oh my, what's a mother, quilter to do. Can I get everything done by the deadlines??????????? I am hoping I will have time to enjoy making the challenge blocks, the nice thing is it is not a whole quilt.

DazzleMe! 07-07-2008 11:06 AM

Dont mind sharing a bit. Alls the pink butterfly is, is a log cabin block with a nutrual color to make the main color stand out. In the pattern I saw the entire think was done in the log cabin style.

QuiltingTurtle 07-07-2008 01:21 PM

Just checking in. I have not started my blocks yet. I have to admit I am already in vacation mode. I don't leave til the 17th.

I will most likely will not get started til August. I already have some fabric set aside. And I made notes of everything I need. I am going to a big quilt show in CA. So I hope to pick up most of what I need while on vacation.

Tricia

sandpat 07-07-2008 03:32 PM

Oh Tricia, I envy you going to the Big show in CA. Just point me there and let me take my "plastic"...I'm good to go! Some serious trouble would occur there :mrgreen:

bettlove 07-07-2008 03:42 PM

Quilting Turtle, Where at in California? If I have my calculations right, you have just finished with my center. Am I right? Are you going to post a picture? Hope so!!

QuiltingTurtle 07-07-2008 04:16 PM

Hi Bettlove,

Yes I am finishing up with your center, I just have some more work on the corners.

The quilt show is in Long Beach. I can't wait to get there. I wish I had more than a day there. I just might be able to sneak in another couple of hours on the last day of the show 8)

Cordelia 07-07-2008 07:08 PM

Sorry I wasn't home, Bebe. I'm on the road all the time. That's why I only sew on the weekends.

I'll try again and see how things go on Friday. I should be able to figure it out.

quiltwoman 07-08-2008 05:41 AM

Well Cordelia, I tried to order fabric for your Bambury Cross block. All I was able to get was the black Kona. Apparently, you and I have good taste. The gold/orange fabric I found was "unexpectedly out of stock due to overwhelming demand". I thought that was pretty funny :wink:

Cordelia 07-08-2008 07:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I didn't want anybody to have to order fabric! And I'm not picky about the orange either. It can be yellow or orange or shade of both. A fat quarter from Joanne's at the most!

I'm not picky about the black either. Just plain old black anyone's got in their stash. I don't care if the shades are all different at all.

I love the bambury cross so much. It is my favorite, favorite block.

I made this pillow for my lilac lap quilt. I usually make a bambury cross pillow and pillow cases with leftovers for all my lap quilts. It's a great way to use up scraps leftover from projects.