Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pics & Whine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pics-whine-t26907.html)

weezie 10-11-2009 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Great quilt! I like how every other block is outlined in fabric. There must be some properly quilty word for that but I don't know it. :)

Thanks! One of the reasons they are done that way is because I had large designs and small ones. The small ones are the "framed" ones. The little fish on the pillow was intended for the quilt originally, but it was way too small but too cute to waste and I had just one small pillow form in my stash, so it was perfect match. I embroidered a colorful dragon also, but I didn't like it when it was finished; it didn't "work" in the quilt.

weezie 10-11-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
That's a lot of work doing all that embroidering, but it's spectacular. You must be a patient person.

Thank you.

Nope! What I am is a determined person. I rarely let anything or anyone get the best of me ... and this is NOT always a good thing!

earthwalker 10-11-2009 07:33 PM

Weezie, I think your work is beautiful .... He will love cuddling up with this.

Jim's Gem 10-11-2009 08:06 PM

cute quilt and pillow!!!

Lostn51 10-11-2009 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
In the course of quilting, I said many rude things to and about my sewing machine, its manufacturers, designers, engineers, and company sales personnel. In spite of my machine's orneryness, I like the finished quilt and feel confident that little Joshua will like it also.

He will love it!! And I cant help but to laugh at the fact you ripped everyone who had anything to do with your machine. :lol: I have a tendency to do the same thing if I have to work on my DD Honda or if I have to work on anything inanimate.

Maybe thats why I do not own any electric sewing machines.........

Billy

joeyoz 10-11-2009 08:47 PM

The quilt is beautiful. You have a very big heart and he is going to love it.

:D :D

I hop the little fella gets well soon. :cry: :cry:

sewnsewer2 10-11-2009 09:14 PM

OMG that is just too cute! Wonderful job!

weezie 10-11-2009 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by joeyoz

I hop the little fella gets well soon. :cry: :cry:

I sent an e-mail to his grandparents this evening telling them about the quilt and asking for info. that I need for the quilt label and info. about his older brother, so I can enclose a gift for him. His grandma called me on the telephone when they got the e-mail. It seems Joshua is allergic to almost everything, both food-stuffs and air-borne, so he is extremely delicate internally and externally. But what he has is great heart and a happy, loving personality ... in short, a beautiful child. I always cry over any child who is very ill or any who are neglected or abused. I don't begin to understand child neglect or abuse and I thank God for the caregivers who love and tend sick children.

Deecee 10-11-2009 11:23 PM

Weezie, you are one of the caregivers with all the love and work that went into your lovely quilt.

SulaBug 10-12-2009 12:31 AM

Your M.E. quilt, turned out so pretty!! :D
I just love the designs & the colors you
used in making the blocks. It will be quilt
for him to treasure forever!! Great Job.
:D :D :D :D :D