Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/picture-thread-rhondas-block-swap-t104333.html)

mom-6 03-06-2011 11:47 AM

Jupiter - after I realized how much brown was in there along with your colors I figured you'd probably want something else so no problem. But I was so surprised to find it at all. May end up using it for an OBW.

My colors for most things are blues greens and purples. Here's a picture using one set of blocks that I will most likely use some of the same fabrics in this project. It is my favorite combination so far.

Picture not cooperating. Will try again later

Rhonda 03-06-2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by OraLee
Rhonda, Does it matter what color we make the block in? Did we already get a partner? I am having a senior moment.

Yep OraLee you got me for a partner!! LOL

mom-6 03-06-2011 01:27 PM

Jupiter - you can see a picture of my fabrics in the picture of the doll quilt I did for the Feb doll quilt swap on p.27.

marcias 03-06-2011 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
defeated...taking ulcer medicine...going to do a simple block. Sorry, Dee. I'll try the wings again in a month or two...or three when I feel less frustrated.

Rhonda 03-06-2011 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by marcias
defeated...taking ulcer medicine...going to do a simple block. Sorry, Dee. I'll try the wings again in a month or two...or three when I feel less frustrated.

Looks like you did a good job of that wings block. If it helps any I posted paper templates you can try. It might take some of the pressure off and simplify the process abit for you.

-

Paper Templates
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164312[/ATTACH]

dream56 03-07-2011 06:44 AM

I think it is looking gorgeous - but don't drive yourself crazy. Take a break and then go back to it. No hurry - I got a busy week this week and won't get to work on yours until end of the week.

Carsey 03-07-2011 06:47 AM

Marcia: Now I am scared!!!! I love the colors!! Rhonda: I printed out the paper template you posted for Marcia while your real templates are on the way to me. Suzi: I might need to start with something easier????? I am going to try to make a sample wing block before I attempt the real one for Suzi. (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!) If it kicks my b......., I'll will let you know. Carole

marcias 03-07-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey

Marcia: Now I am scared!!!! I love the colors!! Rhonda: I printed out the paper template you posted for Marcia while your real templates are on the way to me. Suzi: I might need to start with something easier????? I am going to try to make a sample wing block before I attempt the real one for Suzi. (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!) If it kicks my b......., I'll will let you know. Carole

Carole, don't get scared because of my bloops. In the past month, I have messed up on two blocks of the month and one should have been a walk in the park. Maybe it is old timers disease but my brain doesn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders. It is probably something really simple that I just can't see now. The lilac should have been on both top halves with the pink and green on the bottom. I would definately try it on some old fabric you don't like first to be sure you get it right, or maybe on some paper. Or use the paper templates Rhonda posted today. I think I will try them next time. Thank you, Rhonda. And thank you, Dee. We still have plenty of time to get these blocks done.

Jupiter 03-07-2011 11:09 AM

Hi Mom-6,

So its more of a teal/blue/green and purple? Also, do you have a certain block you want me to make? I am ready to start, but not sure what I am doing! lol

hugs, Jup

ps... pretty doll quilt!

Originally Posted by mom-6
Jupiter - you can see a picture of my fabrics in the picture of the doll quilt I did for the Feb doll quilt swap on p.27.

Jupiter 03-07-2011 09:53 PM

;-)