Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pin Cushion/ Thread Catcher and A BOW Tuck! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pin-cushion-thread-catcher-bow-tuck-t146146.html)

gramquilter2 08-19-2011 04:49 PM

You did a good job on both of them.

littleone 08-19-2011 05:15 PM

Both turned out beautiful. Great job

dsch 08-19-2011 05:56 PM

All are beautiful! If the bow tuck is too heavy, have you made a mini bow tuck? It's more my size, too.

noahscats7 08-19-2011 06:21 PM

Tiles??? Never heard of anyone using them. I buy $1.00 plastic placemats for the bottom of them.

LLWinston44 08-19-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Tiles??? Never heard of anyone using them. I buy $1.00 plastic placemats for the bottom of them.

Someone said to get the individual laminate tiles and cut them down. Can TOTALLY see using a placemat though!!!!

LLWinston44 08-19-2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
Good job. I don't know what tiles you mean from Lowe's that you're going to put in the purse but I've used the plastic canvas from Walmart for the bottoms of my purses. They work beautifully and are very light and inexpensive--two pluses in my book!

What is the plastic canvas?? Our walmart doesn't have a craft section anymore. The turned our walmart into a super walmart without enlarging the building. Oh no instead they cut aaaaalllllll the departments either all the way out (craft) or in half (the single cleaning supply aisle - including laundry soap) I hate walmart for doing that.

GV09 08-19-2011 08:11 PM

Great job on both! I like the colors! If you make embroidery on the seam .... nobody will know that the strips are reversed! :lol:
A hug!

jean1234 08-19-2011 08:37 PM

:thumbup: Now where is my thread catcher... Love to have u make me one in purple with light green.. :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

GailG 08-20-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44
LOL. I couldn't stand all the Bow Tucks! SO many were SO cute, I just had to make one!! So, I did the cutting and much prep last night, and finished it today. Unfortunately, I have a neuromuscular disorder and I don't think I'm going to be able to CARRY it! It's so heavy!! But, I'll use it as long as I can! :o)

The other is my pin cushion, thread catcher. I actually made it a while ago but thought I'd add the picture since I'm here. :o)

Everything is so well done -- and pretty. And as for the "backwards straps": they'll hold up the thread catcher just as well. Actually , it looks like an accent. Great job.

SandyinZ4 08-20-2011 06:56 PM

I really like your BT. Red is one of my favorite colors. I have 2 of those catcher things. My DSIL gae me first one about 25 or more years ago. I keep it by my machine. I have glued a velcro strip on underside of it and one on my table and it stays in place. I use a Crystal Light plastic container inside it to keep my scissors from poking a hole in it. I also keep a dowel for turning points, along with my tweezers and a nutpick to hold down fabric. I use the pincushion part all the time. Great job on yours.